Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: netscape mail issues
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers netscape mail issues Post 59881 by jumpinfallout on Monday 3rd of January 2005 07:04:34 PM
Old 01-03-2005
netscape mail issues

Don't know if this is too in-depth for the ".. Dummies .." forum, but I figured I'd try this one first.

I have a file from a client that I need to save to our UNIX server. If the file is sent as an email attachment from UNIX (via command line or Twiggi Mail), the following occurs: if the email is opened and the attachment is saved from Netscape Mail, there are greater than (">") signs inserted in the data; however, if the email is opened and the attachment saved from Twiggi Mail, there is no data corruption; also, if I send the file to myself from Netscape Mail to Netscape Mail from my Windows machine (I log onto the server through Putty), there is no data corruption.

I am looking for a complete explanation to supply "he who writes the checks" tomorrow, so any insightful opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,
Brett

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail issues on SCO_SV 5.0.6

I am very new to unix and I am trying to get a Sco Server setup to send outgoing email. I know that SCO uses MMDF and i have configured it to use TCP/IP and UUCP, but I never receive any of the emails I send to my exchange server. I don't have this problem on any of the Linux systems I use. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chive2
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Line Count & MAil Issues

Please help...I forgot how to do a linecount in Solaris. I'm list a report & I'm trying to count how many instances. Also, I need to read & clean up mail for root. What directory is that again. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
3 Replies

3. AIX

/var/spool/mail/ issues

Hi My box is running with AIX 6100-06 and Im the root user of this box My /var gets filled up often to 100% When I investigate I find that it is the below file which increases rapidly /var/spool/mail/pdgadmin I dont know why this file is growing up. Can any one assist me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issues in sending mail

Hi, i am trying the below script for sending mail. if then count=`cat $sfile|wc -l` echo "There are $count abends.Please take care " > body.txt (cat body.txt;uuencode $sfile $sfile) | mailx -s "Alert:there are failures" pandeesh@gmail.com fi In the mail, i am getting like: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues in sending mail with attachements

Hi I am using the below command to send mail from unix with body as well as attachment. But the attachment is in encoded form in the body itself. I am not receiving as attachment: (cat body_success.txt;uuencode Log.txt Log.txt)| mailx -s "success" $ToID I am receiving... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Format Issues

Hi All, I 'm trying to find a way to send my contents of a file as a body of email in the format shown below. However, the format of the contents are messed up when I receive the email. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
2 Replies
Mail::Server(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Mail::Server(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Server - Base class for email servers in MailBox INHERITANCE
Mail::Server is a Mail::Reporter Mail::Server is extended by Mail::Server::IMAP4 SYNOPSIS
my $server = Mail::Server::IMAP4->new($msg); my $server = Mail::Server::POP3->new($msg); DESCRIPTION
This module is a place-holder, logical in the class hierarchy. On the moment, no full server has been implemented, but some parts of IMAP4 exist. Servers: o Mail::Server::IMAP4 Partial IMAP4 implementation. METHODS
Constructors Mail::Server->new(OPTIONS) See "Constructors" in Mail::Reporter Error handling $obj->AUTOLOAD() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->addReport(OBJECT) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) Mail::Server->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->errors() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) Mail::Server->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logPriority(LEVEL) Mail::Server->logPriority(LEVEL) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logSettings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->notImplemented() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->report([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->reportAll([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->trace([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->warnings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter Cleanup $obj->DESTROY() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter $obj->inGlobalDestruction() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter DIAGNOSTICS
Error: Package $package does not implement $method. Fatal error: the specific package (or one of its superclasses) does not implement this method where it should. This message means that some other related classes do implement this method however the class at hand does not. Probably you should investigate this and probably inform the author of the package. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Server(3pm)