Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file management in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers file management in unix Post 5988 by johnhelen on Tuesday 28th of August 2001 04:59:13 AM
Old 08-28-2001
Hello
What I want to know is in Windows there is file manager: Windows Explorer. But I do not know about file manager in UNIX,
now I know that there is X-Window for UNIX but infact I do not know file manager in X-Window, what it is look like, where I can get information....
Thank you
john

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FILE MANAGEMENT in WINDOWS & UNIX

Hi, I am a new member here. I am in my final year of engineering in Computer & Information Systems. Wanted to know, how file management is done in both windows and unix. Kindly, tell me anyone who knows it in detail, or has any links regarding it. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farazcis
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix memory management

i am looking for the books or web-sites which explains the unix memory management in detail. do you know any useful material? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting started with VPS management through UNIX

Hi everybody, I have a VPS account and I have hit my limit for domains to manage through Plesk. I now need to begin administering new domains through UNIX. I've never used UNIX before but do have some experience with command line environments. I was able to connect today (I think). So the next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snarky
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Patch Management over mixed unix platforms

Does anyone know of any tools that manage the rollout of patches across multiple types of Unix platform ( eg Solaris, Aix etc ). I am looking for something that does a similiar job to SMS or WSUS in the Windows world (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

centralized unix user management

Does it exist centralized tools on unix for managing users of all servers (like windows AD) ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: astjen
1 Replies

6. Programming

UNIX- -Case study - Library management.

Hi.. I am a new joinee to this foram.I need to submit a case study in UNIX .Please help me to submit the case study by giving your valuable ideas.It will be very helpful for me. Topic: Unix File Management A university wants to computerize its Library operations because of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji_jeya
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Unix process management

Hi guys, I want to learn the process management in unix deeply. I have looked for different commands here and there but I can't find a consolidated document or book, does anybody have a link to any book or something? Regards, Messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Choosing Unix/Linux for Project management

I'm in the process of really comitting to learning a Unix or Linux OS/distro really well for career opportunities and to use as my main desktop OS. I've been mulling through the choices and I'm having a hard time. Maybe someone can help me. I'm not a noob and I have some FreeBSD and Slackware /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lobill
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
DH_INSTALLWM(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_INSTALLWM(1)

NAME
dh_installwm - register a window manager SYNOPSIS
dh_installwm [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--priority=n] [wm...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installwm is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the postinst and prerm commands that register a window manager with update-alternatives(8). The window manager's man page is also registered as a slave symlink (in v6 mode and up). It must be installed in usr/share/man/man1/ in the package build directory prior to calling dh_installwm. In compat 9 and earlier, the manpage was optional. FILES
debian/package.wm List window manager programs to register. OPTIONS
--priority=n Set the priority of the window manager. Default is 20, which is too low for most window managers; see the Debian Policy document for instructions on calculating the correct value. -n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. Turns this command into a no-op. wm ... Window manager programs to register. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLWM(1)