Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers The what and how to install UNIX on a new mac Post 59868 by Phobos on Monday 3rd of January 2005 01:57:07 PM
Old 01-03-2005
What you can do is get a copy of mandrake linux, and go ahead and install that. Mandrake is pretty easy to install and use for a novice. Make sure to get the ppc version. Here is a good site: http://linuxiso.org/distro.php?distro=29

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking to install Unix on my Mac

I know how to install Unix or Linux on my Mac using bootcamp, I installed the Ubuntu distribution of Linux on my Mac. Basically I'm looking for advice on what OS I should learn with. I am fiercely interested in programming, and am learning C++ and Python at the moment. Anyways, everyone has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micolejr2
5 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

install windows on mac

Hello all, i want to install windows on mac and when i search i found that there is a program called Parallels Desktop to install windows on mac but i want it on the laptop not on the program does it work? or there is another anyway to install it on mac..?? Thanks in advanced (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham$
8 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume.

I lost the firmware password for my MacBook Pro 13" I pulled one of the two DIMMs and did a PRAM reset but the password is intact. How do I reset the password. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JustOne
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paritioning mac harddrive during arch install

hi so i am a noob to linux but not computers in general and have decided i want to give linux a go. because i like to make things hard for myself and because someone told me i wouldnt be able to figure it out iv decided to try arch so iinstalled it last night and it installed fine and i got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irish
0 Replies

5. AIX

Power Mac G4 install AIX

hi all ! i want install aix on power mac g4 . does it work correctly ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ijj
1 Replies
tartdates(5)						      LinuxTaRT Special Dates						      tartdates(5)

NAME
tartdates - Special date configuration for LinuxTaRT DESCRIPTION
LinuxTaRT uses a configuration file called specialdates to enable the user to display a specific tagline on certain special dates. The name and location of this file is specified in the LinuxTaRT configuration file ~/.tartrc, but is usually: ~/.tartdates PARAMETERS
Each line of the special date file consists of a day of the year expressed as a two digit month, a forward-slash (/), a two digit date, a colon (:) and a line of text. mm/dd:tagline text Any line that does not conform to this specification will be treated as a comment. Comments may also be specified by prefixing text with a # symbol. Using this method, you can place a comment behind a date line. EXAMPLES
01/01:Happy New Year!! Will use "Happy New Year!!" as the tagline when the date is January 1st. 12/25:Merry Christmas to all! Displays "Merry Christmas to all!" as your tagline on Christmas day. FILES
~/.tartdates SEE ALSO
tart(1) tartrc(5) tart-custom(5) Mark Veinot 1.0.0 tartdates(5)