Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: adding disk to ultra10
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory adding disk to ultra10 Post 59844 by 98_1LE on Sunday 2nd of January 2005 01:15:04 AM
Old 01-02-2005
You can mirror the disk, but with them both on the same IDE channel performance is bad.

What isze disk are you installing? Plan to upgrade OBP if it is over 40GB, and be sure to use Solaris 9 (or 10).

I am installing 10 on my ultra 10 right now. It sure is a lot slower than at the office installing from a jumpstart server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ultra10 ethernet troubleshooting

The problem is alot worse that I thought. I ran the 'test net' after I did the 'stop a' thing and the system worked once, but the second time it froze. No matter what i tried I couldn't get the system out of a frozen state so I had to cycle the power. I thought lemme check the entire system to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding hard Disk

Hi all, I am using SCO Openserver V and I want to add one more harddisk (/dev/hd1) Hw can I do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skant
1 Replies

3. Solaris

adding new disk to cluster

Dear all , I am new to sun cluster and i having a problem adding a disk to a disk group . My platfrom consists of a clustered E6900 SUN server and an EMC DX1000 storage . the disk group that iam trying to add the disk to is shared group , whwen i run vxdisk list i get in status "online... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

disk adding through lvm

Hi dear(s) Can u explain how to add a disk through lvm with commands. I need to add a 9 gb scsi HS disk to a Hp D class 9000 server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumar.R
2 Replies

5. Solaris

OS not recognize the new disk while adding

Hi all, I tried to add the new disk into veritas control.but the OS/veritas is not recognize the disk.so how i can know disk status or the disk added or not into veritas?please help me out step by step procedure.i would really thankful to all. regards Krishna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
4 Replies

6. Solaris

problem after adding new ide disk

Hi experts, i have added a new disk to my ultra 10 system, after that i am unable to boot the system, its not booting from disk neither from cd. please help! Regards (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
16 Replies

7. Solaris

adding another disk - sol10x86 on dl365

i have a dl365 with x86 installed. currently my raid is set as follows: # /opt/HPQacucli/sbin/hpacucli controller all show config Smart Array E200i in Slot 0 (sn: PR76MU2357 ) array A (SAS, Unused Space: 0 MB) logicaldrive 1 (68.3 GB, RAID 1+0, OK) physicaldrive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Adding a disk

Recently added a disk to a clariion array system, binded it as a raid 5, now I have no clue how to see it in dg-unix. I want to add it to a current filesystem, and now i'm down river without a paddle. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
0 Replies

9. AIX

Adding New Hard Disk

Hi, On P5 I would like to add hard drive, currently 2 hard disk are already exists, would like to add one more, 2 Slots are emtpy, I would like to know how to find out wheather adapter is attached to that 2 free slot using command. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

10. AIX

Adding disk to my lpar

hi all i have entered Aix environment 4 months had experienced in linux what i am facing is i am unable to do sort of RnD with aix like installation on my own, creating vgs managing networks, the VIOS, storage,lpars, So we have a setup here almost all are in live production environment with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vax
4 Replies
addbadsec(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     addbadsec(1M)

NAME
addbadsec - map out defective disk blocks SYNOPSIS
addbadsec [-p] [ -a blkno [blkno...]] [-f filename] raw_device DESCRIPTION
addbadsec is used by the system administrator to map out bad disk blocks. Normally, these blocks are identified during surface analysis, but occasionally the disk subsystem reports unrecoverable data errors indicating a bad block. A block number reported in this way can be fed directly into addbadsec, and the block will be remapped. addbadsec will first attempt hardware remapping. This is supported on SCSI drives and takes place at the disk hardware level. If the target is an IDE drive, then software remapping is used. In order for software remapping to succeed, the partition must contain an alternate slice and there must be room in this slice to perform the mapping. It should be understood that bad blocks lead to data loss. Remapping a defective block does not repair a damaged file. If a bad block occurs to a disk-resident file system structure such as a superblock, the entire slice might have to be recovered from a backup. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Adds the specified blocks to the hardware or software map. If more than one block number is specified, the entire list should be quoted and block numbers should be separated by white space. -f Adds the specified blocks to the hardware or software map. The bad blocks are listed, one per line, in the specified file. -p Causes addbadsec to print the current software map. The output shows the defective block and the assigned alternate. This option cannot be used to print the hardware map. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: raw_device The address of the disk drive (see FILES). FILES
The raw device should be /dev/rdsk/c?[t?]d?p0. See disks(1M) for an explanation of SCSI and IDE device naming conventions. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
disks(1M), diskscan(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), format(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The format(1M) utility is available to format, label, analyze, and repair SCSI disks. This utility is included with the addbadsec, diskscan(1M), fdisk(1M), and fmthard(1M) commands available for x86. To format an IDE disk, use the DOS "format" utility; however, to label, analyze, or repair IDE disks on x86 systems, use the Solaris format(1M) utility. SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1998 addbadsec(1M)