Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix certifications
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Unix certifications Post 59804 by sarang on Friday 31st of December 2004 10:02:54 AM
Old 12-31-2004
Thanks man.
But will there be anycertifications related to
Applications(shell) programming , socket programming/UNIX internals.

Regards,
RK

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX certifications

Are there any nationally recognized UNIX certifications, similar to A+., for basic unix and system admin skills? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pacsman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What Certifications to be done in UNIX

Hello I am a newbie i learnt Shell programming and Unix Internals.Well plz advice me what certifications i shud do as i have free time and want to utilize my time :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strawberry
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Certifications in Unix?

Guys, I just want information abt certifications available for unix. If they exist can anyone give some info them. Making clear I am pointing to developer level exams, not admin side. Thanks, Sharif.S (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharifhere
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information regarding unix certifications

Hi, Currently I have started working on unix and now I want to go for some certification. But I have no idea about any certification or their market values. My main stream is PL/SQL and I have done OCA in developer stream. So I just want this unix certification for basic knowledge of unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alok1301
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Certifications

Hi All, Can anybody let me know if there is any Unix certification course which will provide basically programming in Unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Certifications on Unix and Linux

hi there :) I will study the Linux LPI certification in a few months What do u think about it? Is this certification good enough to work with solaris too actually? I´m not sure because i think is more oriented to linux, and solaris as far as i know, is based on UNix. What else can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andriusman
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX Certifications

Hi, I am planning to get certified on HP-UX. I googled about HPUX Certifications. I understand that I need to pass on exam HP0-A01 but I find many references to HP0-095. I bought this book: HP-UX: HP Certification Systems Administrator, Exam HP0-A01 - Training Guide and Administrator's... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: psicopunk
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ??

Hello All My Questions About Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ? I Mean Red Hat Certifications , Solaris Certifications , IBM Certifications , HP Certifications and BSD Certifications just i need the names of these Certifications and How can i enter to Certifications... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eng/G.Mohammad
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Are certifications worth it?

I have just been on RedHat SA 3 training course (4 days) and sat exams EX200 (RHCSA) and EX300 (RHCE) The daft thing was that politics meant I wasn't allowed to take courses SA 1 or 2. So I learnt about stuff I would never use (SELinux; iSCSI; NFS Kerberos encrypted with user specific access... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
22 Replies
emacs(1)						      General Commands Manual							  emacs(1)

NAME
emacs, xemacs - emacs editor DESCRIPTION
The emacs software is unsupported software that is provided as part of Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will fix problems in this unsupported software only if they are specific to Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not fix problems that are integral to the software itself or that occur when the com- ponent is used on UNIX systems other than Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not add functionality to this software. Except for this reference page, other reference pages that Tru64 UNIX supplies for emacs are passed through without changes. The reference pages distributed as part of this software are available in the directories /usr/share/doclib/annex/man/man[1-9]. You should use this directory stem in the man command or add it to the MANPATH environment variable to make these files available to the man command. Note Compaq is not responsible for the content or quality of reference pages and other documents installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory and does not revise this material in response to customer problem reports. Reference pages installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex/man directory are not available from Compaq in book form; for example, they are not included in the reference manu- als that you receive when you order the Tru64 UNIX documentation set as hard copy books. Problems related to the content or quality of any documentation installed in the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory tree should be sent to the developers of the documentation. The format for changing the search path with the man command is: man -P /usr/share/doclib/annex/man [section] title... If you are using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shells, use the following command sequence to modify your environment: MANPATH=$MAN- PATH:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man export MANPATH If you are using the C shell, enter the command: setenv MANPATH `echo $MANPATH`:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man See the reference pages for the man(1) command for additional information on the search path used to locate files. The reference pages associated with this product are not included in the whatis data base created by the catman command. Therefore, the man -k and apropos commands will not locate reference pages included with this product. SEE ALSO
Commands: apropos(1), catman(8), man(1) emacs(1)