Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem editing big file in vi Post 59621 by kezzol on Sunday 26th of December 2004 06:19:10 AM
Old 12-26-2004
Besides VI is a good (in text mode) program:
Midnight Commander, generally have names: MC.
U can write ' mcedit ' and U have a good editor for small and big files, but also is a very good editor.

regards
kzl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

a BIG problem

dear experts ...help :eek: I'm running FC2 and i was installing fluxbox but it wouldnt work so i uninstalled it by using rpm -e but because i installed fluxbox-styles it was dependent on fluxbox-0.10 so i used rpm -e --nodeps that was all fine and im not sure that was the cause of the error, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeeman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - editing file names (End of line problem?)

For lists in sed, to say what to replace, is this correct: I am hoping that this would recognise that either a "." is present, or that the substitution happens at the end of the line. For files with extensions , my script works perfectly. My problem is, files without extentions, i.e. . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busillis
1 Replies

4. Programming

please help me with this big makefile problem

I need to create an executable with these two makefiles(they both have libaries i need(qt and ruby)) i have extconf.rb gui.ui gui_include.h main.cpp ScaleIM_client.rb ui_gui.h i want to combine them all into one executable please!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjgfuj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

big problem with rm command, please help me!!

Hi every body, well, i made quite a big mistake... In a script, I created a directory called "$PWD" ( it was unwanted...). nothing very frightening with that. The problem is that I wanted to remove it and I used the command rm -f -r $PWD And here is the big mistake!! Rather than deleting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moumou
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in using sed command in editing a file

Hi all, I have a conf file, i want to update some entries in that conf file. Below is the code for that using a temporary file. sed '/workgroup=/ c\workgroup=Workgroup' /usr/local/netx.conf > /usr/local/netx.conf.tmp mv -f /usr/local/netx.conf.tmp /usr/local/netx.conf Sample contents of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj14r
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with searching and then editing a file through shell.

Hi, I have searched through this forum as there are many similar entries but could'nt get one of them to work, either that or they were just different to what I needed. Basically I have a file, recordsDatabase. In this file are a few different fields. There is a unique identifier eg 001... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: U_C_Dispatj
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell quoting problem while editing a remote file using sed

value of i = solarisbox ssh $i "cat /etc/hosts | sed "s/$i\.local\.//" | sed "s/$i\./$i/" | sed "s/$i/$i.sol.com/" > /usr/users/chidori/edit_hosts"While running the above one liner its i am not able to make the changes and write it to the file /usr/users/chidori/edit_hosts . I know there is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing big file in UNIX

Hi Guys, I have a hugefile. I have requirement to change Indicator from "T" to "P" or from "P" to "T" which comes in header itself. I could not open either in any of editors or in UNIX command line using vi as file size > 3GB Please suggest a solution as how to achieve it through script or any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulhameed M
10 Replies
BF-ANIMATION-EDITOR(1)					      General Commands Manual					    BF-ANIMATION-EDITOR(1)

NAME
bf-animation-editor -- The animation editor for the Bear Engine. SYNOPSIS
bf-animation-editor [-h] [--log-concise] [--log-file=file] [--log-level=string] [--log-uniq] [-c] [-u] file(s) ... DESCRIPTION
This program is the animation editor for the Bear Engine. This is a part of the Bear Factory. OPTIONS
The following options can be passed to the program: -c, --compile Compile the files and exit. -h, --help Show summary of options. --log-concise Do not display log messages that have recently been displayed. --log-file=file Write log output in "file". --log-level=string Output log messages up to a given level, among "error", "warning" and "verbose". --log-uniq Do not display the same log message successively. -u, --update Open and save the animation files. -v, --version Print the version of the editor and exit. SEE ALSO
running-bear(6), bf-level-editor(1), bf-model-editor(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Julien Jorge julien.jorge@gamned.org. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. BF-ANIMATION-EDITOR(1)