Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers domainname dnsdomainname....etc ?? Post 59485 by Kelam_Magnus on Tuesday 21st of December 2004 09:33:30 AM
Old 12-21-2004
General topics are fine, but what OS are you talking about?

Each OS has config files where you hardcode the hosthames and resolution files as on HPUX /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/rc.config.d/netconf....

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question about domainname

I'm kindda confused about domainname and /etc/defaultdomain. If I type domainname tesT.com, will this be added to /etc/defaultdomain or do I need to add manually on /etc/defaultdomain as well?...second question, if I type domainname tesT.com...is it case sensitive? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
1 Replies

2. Linux

domainname command

Hey, I've been on this for a while... can somebody explain to me what the domainname command really does. The man pages don't tell enough. And how can i have the domain name set so it will be the same all the time when the OS boots up. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

ddns-rev-domainname being created wrong.

Greetings all, I have been battling with this problem for some time now, and I am not sure if I am just not seeing the obvious anymore or have made a stupid mistake, but I just can seem to get the reverse address in my network to run the right way. Short description of my network: I have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adesso
3 Replies
BBSTORED-CONFIG(8)						    Box Backup							BBSTORED-CONFIG(8)

NAME
bbstored-config - Box Backup store daemon configuration file generator SYNOPSIS
bbstored-config configdir servername username DESCRIPTION
The bbstored-config script creates configuration files and server certificates for a bbstored instance. It takes three parameters: configdir The directory where config files will reside. A bbstored subdirectory will be created where several config files will reside. The bbstored.conf file will be created in configdir. servername The name of the server that is being configured. Usually the fully qualified domain name of the machine in question. username The name of the user that should be running the bbstored process. Recommended name: _bbstored. A valid raidfile.conf(5) must be found in configdir. Several steps are taken during the run of bbstored-config: o Server certificates are created. This requires interaction from the operator. o The RAID volumes are checked to ensure that the configuration is consistent and will work. o Instructions for next steps to take are shown. These steps may be different for different OS platforms, so pay close attention to these instructions. FILES
/etc/box/bbstored.conf SEE ALSO
bbstored.conf(5), bbstored(8), bbstored-certs(8), raidfile-config(8) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 BBSTORED-CONFIG(8)