Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers domainname dnsdomainname....etc ?? Post 59485 by Kelam_Magnus on Tuesday 21st of December 2004 09:33:30 AM
Old 12-21-2004
General topics are fine, but what OS are you talking about?

Each OS has config files where you hardcode the hosthames and resolution files as on HPUX /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/rc.config.d/netconf....

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question about domainname

I'm kindda confused about domainname and /etc/defaultdomain. If I type domainname tesT.com, will this be added to /etc/defaultdomain or do I need to add manually on /etc/defaultdomain as well?...second question, if I type domainname tesT.com...is it case sensitive? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
1 Replies

2. Linux

domainname command

Hey, I've been on this for a while... can somebody explain to me what the domainname command really does. The man pages don't tell enough. And how can i have the domain name set so it will be the same all the time when the OS boots up. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

ddns-rev-domainname being created wrong.

Greetings all, I have been battling with this problem for some time now, and I am not sure if I am just not seeing the obvious anymore or have made a stupid mistake, but I just can seem to get the reverse address in my network to run the right way. Short description of my network: I have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adesso
3 Replies