Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users adding additional drive to sco the is xenix Post 59336 by justenglabs on Thursday 16th of December 2004 12:17:41 PM
Old 12-16-2004
Network adding additional drive to sco the is xenix

I am taking an old xenix drive and installing it in a recent SCO Build Server. I have gone through the process of running mkdev hd twice since the drive is a SCSI then proceed to run mkdev fs and when I attempt to add one of the shown partitions I get the following:

fsck: cannot determine filesystem type of /dev/drv4.

When I run divvy I get:

Name | Type | New FS | # | First Block | Last Block |
+-------------------+------------+--------+---+-------------+------------+
| boot | EAFS | no | 0 | 0| 15359|
| swap | NON FS | no | 1 | 15360| 209919|
| root | HTFS | no | 2 | 209920| 4442101|
| drv3 | NOT USED | no | 3 | -| -|
| drv4 | NOT USED | no | 4 | -| -|
| drv5 | NOT USED | no | 5 | -| -|
| recover | NON FS | no | 6 | 4442102| 4442111|
| hd0a | WHOLE DISK | no | 7 | 0| 4443119|

Any ideas?

Thanking you in advance.....

Justenglabs...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problems on SCO Xenix

Randomly receive the following message: "Can not open line tty1a device busy error 16" and "/etc/getty/t60 tty1a" What is causing this error message ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbartok
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding an additional harddrive in solaris 9

Hello, I have a system which a new harddrive was installed for additional space. I now need to mount the drive and transfer data from /home to the new drive with a mount point named /home. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
5 Replies

3. SCO

SCO Xenix AR command ?

Hi I am looking for sco xenix ar command under sco unix. please help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
4 Replies

4. SCO

load sco xenix and sco unix binary ?

Hi I have some sco xenix object, bin and archive files that operate in sco unix 5.0.7. I know that sco unix kernel can support sco xenix binary. I want to know how can I link xenix and unix archives together? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding additional column at the end

I have a file like below. The separator between reconds is ">" Each record consists of 2 numbers separated by a space. I want to write an awk script that copies the second number and puts it in the third column. :rolleyes: > 10 0 13 5.92346 16 10.3106 19 13.9672 22 16.9838 25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding additional characters while preserving original text

Hi Forum. I'm struggling on this relatively easy request to add additional 4 0's to an existing text in a file (whenever I see the pattern -# where # represents any number) using sed command while preserving the rest of the text in the files. Original Text: $DBConnection_EDW=SAS2EDW... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

7. AIX

Any Additional Steps After Adding New RAM To Sever?

Hi All, We have a server at a client site running AIX 5.3, which we just up the RAM to 32GB, from initially 16GB (if I'm not mistaken). This server is our Application server running J2EE applications on top of Oracle Internet Application Server. Recently we encountered one of the batch jobs... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an additional blank field to a file

Hi, I have the following file, I'd like to add an additional blank field to this file This is a tab delimited file, I have tried the same thing on excel, but looking for a unix solution. Here is my input: Country Postal Admin4 StreetBaseName StreetType HUN 2243 Kóka Dózsa György ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Adding Additional Capacity with megacli

I'm trying to add 6 more hard drives to my RAID array, none of the drives are foreign, they won't be replacing any drives either. I just need to add them to the RAID array. I can't seem to get them added, what am I missing? ---------- Post updated 08-03-12 at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eccentricson
0 Replies
FSTAB(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  FSTAB(5)

NAME
fstab - static information about the filesystems SYNOPSIS
#include <fstab.h> DESCRIPTION
The file fstab contains descriptive information about the various file systems. fstab is only read by programs, and not written; it is the duty of the system administrator to properly create and maintain this file. Each filesystem is described on a separate line; fields on each line are separated by tabs or spaces. Lines starting with '#' are comments. The order of records in fstab is important because fsck(8), mount(8), and umount(8) sequentially iterate through fstab doing their thing. The first field, (fs_spec), describes the block special device or remote filesystem to be mounted. For ordinary mounts it will hold (a link to) a block special device node (as created by mknod(8)) for the device to be mounted, like `/dev/cdrom' or `/dev/sdb7'. For NFS mounts one will have <host>:<dir>, e.g., `knuth.aeb.nl:/'. For procfs, use `proc'. Instead of giving the device explicitly, one may indicate the (ext2 or xfs) filesystem that is to be mounted by its UUID or volume label (cf. e2label(8) or xfs_admin(8)), writing LABEL=<label> or UUID=<uuid>, e.g., `LABEL=Boot' or `UUID=3e6be9de-8139-11d1-9106-a43f08d823a6'. This will make the system more robust: adding or removing a SCSI disk changes the disk device name but not the filesystem volume label. The second field, (fs_file), describes the mount point for the filesystem. For swap partitions, this field should be specified as `none'. If the name of the mount point contains spaces these can be escaped as `40'. The third field, (fs_vfstype), describes the type of the filesystem. Linux supports lots of filesystem types, such as adfs, affs, autofs, coda, coherent, cramfs, devpts, efs, ext2, ext3, hfs, hpfs, iso9660, jfs, minix, msdos, ncpfs, nfs, ntfs, proc, qnx4, reiserfs, romfs, smbfs, sysv, tmpfs, udf, ufs, umsdos, vfat, xenix, xfs, and possibly others. For more details, see mount(8). For the filesystems currently supported by the running kernel, see /proc/filesystems. An entry swap denotes a file or partition to be used for swapping, cf. swapon(8). An entry ignore causes the line to be ignored. This is useful to show disk partitions which are currently unused. The fourth field, (fs_mntops), describes the mount options associated with the filesystem. It is formatted as a comma separated list of options. It contains at least the type of mount plus any additional options appropriate to the filesystem type. For documentation on the available options for non-nfs file systems, see mount(8). For documentation on all nfs-spe- cific options have a look at nfs(5). Common for all types of file system are the options ``noauto'' (do not mount when "mount -a" is given, e.g., at boot time), ``user'' (allow a user to mount), and ``owner'' (allow device owner to mount), and ``_netdev'' (device requires network to be available). The ``owner'' and ``_netdev'' options are Linux-specific. For more details, see mount(8). The fifth field, (fs_freq), is used for these filesystems by the dump(8) command to determine which filesystems need to be dumped. If the fifth field is not present, a value of zero is returned and dump will assume that the filesystem does not need to be dumped. The sixth field, (fs_passno), is used by the fsck(8) program to determine the order in which filesystem checks are done at reboot time. The root filesystem should be specified with a fs_passno of 1, and other filesystems should have a fs_passno of 2. Filesystems within a drive will be checked sequentially, but filesystems on different drives will be checked at the same time to utilize parallelism available in the hardware. If the sixth field is not present or zero, a value of zero is returned and fsck will assume that the filesystem does not need to be checked. The proper way to read records from fstab is to use the routines getmntent(3). FILES
/etc/fstab SEE ALSO
getmntent(3), mount(8), swapon(8), fs(5) nfs(5) HISTORY
The ancestor of this fstab file format appeared in 4.0BSD. Linux 2.2 15 June 1999 FSTAB(5)