Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: *HELP* Exit X Window?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers *HELP* Exit X Window? Post 59257 by HMSS013 on Tuesday 14th of December 2004 10:25:30 PM
Old 12-14-2004
*HELP* Exit X Window?

i am attempting to install video drivers... but the program tells me that i cant install them from terminal... stating that i must close out of the xWindow System... how can i get the plain old command line?

Red Hat 9

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about X-window

Please, recommend anyone books about programming for X-window. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: serge
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

4. Programming

exit(0) versus exit(1)

What is the difference between using exit(0) and exit(1) to exit a program? Which should I use? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is meaning of exit(0) and exit(1)

can u tell me what is the meaning of exit(0),exit(1),exit(2) what is diff amonng these. Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X-Window help

I unloaded the KDM/KDE package and was starting it per instructions by first running a "xstart". My screen is blank and I don't know how to recover. Thanks. Tom (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TJSexton
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to start X window?

hi, here is a HP workstation C9000 with HP-UX system in my office. couple days ago we shutdown the system. when trying to turn the it on, the system failed to start X window. my boss ask me fix it, but i am new of unix world. please be kindly to teach me how to get error message and fix... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ethandaddy
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the difference between exit 1 & exit 7

Hi In one of the script I am seeing some thing like exit 7,exit 1,exit 2,exit 3,exit 9,exit6.What is the difference between all of this exit.Can anyone help here please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". It is designed to be used in a non-interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Net- work Classic --username The username to register the system with under Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an exist- ing Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Spacewalk / Red Hat Satellite / Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)