Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: buffer question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers buffer question Post 59252 by zazzybob on Tuesday 14th of December 2004 07:07:54 PM
Old 12-14-2004
Hmm - are you talking about an xterm window?

If so, add something like this to ~/.Xdefaults (or modify the existing value)
xterm*saveLines: 200
to give 200 scrollable lines - or increase/decrease to suit your needs.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Buffer

Hi, if someone now how can look the last commands has used for last week? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Niko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vm and buffer cache

i have a serious doubht about the assignment of memory in hp-ux system . i read from somewhere that the page allocation in hp-ux is not unified unlike compaq . i wanted to know in hp-ux kernel ,once the pages are assigned for the univarsal buffer cache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vish_shan
2 Replies

3. Programming

buffer the output

Hai Friends I am writing a cgi program in C. The CGI program has a link to start my tcp chat server... The tcp chat server prints some information when it starts... I have captured the informations and sent to the client browser through the cgi program... But the output is displayed all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

Buffer Cache

What is the "Buffer Cache" used for? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
1 Replies

5. Linux

Buffer IO error

Hi guys, Currently i have a IBM x366 running on Red Hat 4 attached to a DS4800. I've configured 10 LUNs to the server. Somehow, there is a lot buffer io error on device whenever it boot and when i issue the command dmesg. My kernel is 2.6.9-22.ELsmp. I've updated the hba qla2300 firmware to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raybakh
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is my buffer empty in vi?

this question is probably trivial to most of you but i do not have the answer. the task is simple... yank 7 lines of text from one file and paste them to another so while in command mode i enter "b7yy and i get 7 lines yanked exit vi with :q! open the new file while in command mode i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed buffer

Hi. I have some questions about using sed. I cannot use the hold buffer. For example i want to put first line to the buffer than take second line and append the buffer to the second line.then 3th to the all. It will be like 2->1->3 th lines. Any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: burakkilic
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi next buffer

Hello, I am using vi to edit file vi filea :e fileb and :e# to switch between filea and fileb Now, I'd like to have many files open at the same time and have a way to cycle between them. :bn does not work; when I type it, nothing happens... Is there something to add to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCR
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: hold buffer question

I've been using sed to help with reformatting some html content into latex slides using the beamer class. Since I'm new to sed, I've been reading a lot about it but I'm stuck on this one problem. I have text that looks like this: ******************* line of text that needs to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfrei
4 Replies

10. Programming

buffer in C

Hello, size_t write(int fd, const void *buf, size_t count) { static size_t (*write_func)(int, const void *, size_t) = NULL; if (!write_func) write_func = (size_t(*)(int, const void *, size_t)) dlsym(RTLD_NEXT, "write"); char tmp; memcpy(tmp,buf,count); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::DNS::Question(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.14.2 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3pm)