Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: buffer question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers buffer question Post 59239 by lmanchur. on Tuesday 14th of December 2004 11:43:03 AM
Old 12-14-2004
buffer question

Hi... I have a question about how many lines the window can remember... is there an environemtn varible for this I can change??? I'm not talking about how many previous commands it remembers. I am talking about how many lines it remembers and for how many lines I can press "page-up" and I can review them. Currently it is only about 80 lines.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Buffer

Hi, if someone now how can look the last commands has used for last week? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Niko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vm and buffer cache

i have a serious doubht about the assignment of memory in hp-ux system . i read from somewhere that the page allocation in hp-ux is not unified unlike compaq . i wanted to know in hp-ux kernel ,once the pages are assigned for the univarsal buffer cache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vish_shan
2 Replies

3. Programming

buffer the output

Hai Friends I am writing a cgi program in C. The CGI program has a link to start my tcp chat server... The tcp chat server prints some information when it starts... I have captured the informations and sent to the client browser through the cgi program... But the output is displayed all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

Buffer Cache

What is the "Buffer Cache" used for? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
1 Replies

5. Linux

Buffer IO error

Hi guys, Currently i have a IBM x366 running on Red Hat 4 attached to a DS4800. I've configured 10 LUNs to the server. Somehow, there is a lot buffer io error on device whenever it boot and when i issue the command dmesg. My kernel is 2.6.9-22.ELsmp. I've updated the hba qla2300 firmware to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raybakh
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is my buffer empty in vi?

this question is probably trivial to most of you but i do not have the answer. the task is simple... yank 7 lines of text from one file and paste them to another so while in command mode i enter "b7yy and i get 7 lines yanked exit vi with :q! open the new file while in command mode i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cookiebooy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed buffer

Hi. I have some questions about using sed. I cannot use the hold buffer. For example i want to put first line to the buffer than take second line and append the buffer to the second line.then 3th to the all. It will be like 2->1->3 th lines. Any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: burakkilic
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi next buffer

Hello, I am using vi to edit file vi filea :e fileb and :e# to switch between filea and fileb Now, I'd like to have many files open at the same time and have a way to cycle between them. :bn does not work; when I type it, nothing happens... Is there something to add to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCR
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: hold buffer question

I've been using sed to help with reformatting some html content into latex slides using the beamer class. Since I'm new to sed, I've been reading a lot about it but I'm stuck on this one problem. I have text that looks like this: ******************* line of text that needs to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfrei
4 Replies

10. Programming

buffer in C

Hello, size_t write(int fd, const void *buf, size_t count) { static size_t (*write_func)(int, const void *, size_t) = NULL; if (!write_func) write_func = (size_t(*)(int, const void *, size_t)) dlsym(RTLD_NEXT, "write"); char tmp; memcpy(tmp,buf,count); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies
curs_deleteln(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  curs_deleteln(3)

NAME
curs_deleteln, deleteln, wdeleteln, insdelln, winsdelln, insertln, winsertln - Delete or insert lines in a Curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int deleteln( void ); int wdeleteln( WINDOW *win ); int insdelln( int n ); int winsdelln( WINDOW *win, int n ); int insertln( void ); int winsertln( WINDOW *win ); LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses) STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: deleteln, wdeleteln, insdelln, winsdelln, insertln, winsertln: XCURSES4.2 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The deleteln and wdeleteln routines do the following: Delete the line under the cursor in the current or specified window Move all lines below the current line up one line Clear the bottom line of the window These routines do not change the cursor position. (This does not imply use of a hardware delete line feature.) The insdelln and winsdelln routines do the following: For positive n, insert n lines into the current or specified window above the current line The n bottom lines are lost. For negative n, delete n lines (starting with the one under the cursor), and move the remaining lines up The bottom n lines are cleared. These routines do not change the current cursor position. The insertln and insertln routines insert a blank line above the current line. The bottom line is lost. (This does not imply use of a hard- ware insert line feature.) NOTES
The header file <curses.h> automatically includes the header file <stdio.h>. Note that all routines except winsdelln may be macros. RETURN VALUES
All routines return ERR upon failure and OK upon successful completion. SEE ALSO
Functions: curses(3) Others: standards(5) curs_deleteln(3)