Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Installing second NIC on a Sun! Post 59195 by RTM on Monday 13th of December 2004 09:30:58 AM
Old 12-13-2004
Install another card, reboot with reconfigure, check dmesg for a second card, configure card.

dmesg|grep hme (or qfe or whatever you are using)
init 0 or 5
power off if not already done
install card
boot -rs
sign in as root in single user
dmesg|grep hme (or qfe or whatever you are using)
You should have 2 now.
Control-D or configure the card now by adding the correct files (hostname.hmeX or qfeX)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing nic on sco 5.0.5

How do I install an intel nic on sco 5.0.5 it did not detect when i installed the program:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: recono1
2 Replies

2. SCO

Need Help installing NIC

Hi guys, I am a newbie in SCO UNIX, and I am having problem in installing a NIC for my machine: My machine: UnixWare scou 5 7.1.4 i386 x86at SCO UNIX_SVR5 My NIC is dLink DFE-538TX, I got the driver from: http://support.dlink.ca/ProductView.asp?ProductModel=DFE-538TX The driver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Voldi
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Error while installing NIC drivers

After seeing that http://sol-enet.sourceforge.net/support.shtml had drivers for my NIC, I decided to download them on my windows machine so I could burn them to a CD and install them on my old gateway so I could try to get it on the internet. While following the instructions with the drivers, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtremepancakez
2 Replies

4. Solaris

installing a UPS on a sun workstation

Has anyone ever setup the APC powerchute (business edition agent) software, using a USB drive on any solaris machines? We installed the software, and it doesnt seem to be giving the option for a /dev/usb device, it only gives options of /ttya, ttyb etc... anyone ever done this with a USB? or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun box's NIC speed setting

Is there a way to check if my Sun box's network interface card is set to 10 or 100 Mbps? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure second NIC on Sun E450

I wanted to configure a second NIC card on a different IP on my Sun E450 server. Currently, I have hme0. when I ran the command : ifconfig hme1 <ip address> netmask <subnet mask> broadcast + up I got the following error message: ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: hme1: no such interface Any idea... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Can not detect NIC on Sun 9 in VMware

Dear All, I had install SUn 9/05 on vmware workstation 6.5.0. Before install I see OS detect NIC, but after install I don't see any NIC. I have attack some picture to show my problem. Could someone have experience to help me resolve. I'm newbee in this unix eviroment. Thanks Hoavn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoavn
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing OpenSolaris on Sun v120

I have come into my possesion a v120 server at work that was decommisioned from another project. I don't have the Solaris Installation CD nor do I have root or any user credentials on this server. My goal was to install OpenSolaris on this server and use it as a playground for learning UNIX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing Network Printer in sun solaris 10

Hi guys, i am a new user of sun solaris, i am using solaris 10, please help me how to install HP 1022n printer. This printer is in network. Thanks Daya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

10. Solaris

help installing solaris 10 on sun blade 1500

Hi everyone can someone please explain to me how to install solaris 10 on a sunblade 1500 using cdrom? Thanks for your assistance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies
whois(1)							   User Commands							  whois(1)

NAME
whois - Internet user name directory service SYNOPSIS
whois [-h host] identifier DESCRIPTION
whois searches for an Internet directory entry for an identifier which is either a name (such as ``Smith'') or a handle (such as ``SRI- NIC''). To force a name-only search, precede the name with a period; to force a handle-only search, precede the handle with an exclamation point. To search for a group or organization entry, precede the argument with * (an asterisk). The entire membership list of the group will be displayed with the record. You may of course use an exclamation point and asterisk, or a period and asterisk together. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using The whois Command The command: example% whois Smith looks for the name or handle SMITH. The command: example% whois !SRI-NIC looks for the handle SRI-NIC only. The command: example% whois .Smith, John looks for the name JOHN SMITH only. Adding ... to the name or handle argument will match anything from that point; that is, ZU ... will match ZUL, ZUM, and so on. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmdc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 whois(1)