Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mono Project!
Operating Systems Linux Mono Project! Post 59115 by HSN on Thursday 9th of December 2004 10:13:26 PM
Old 12-09-2004
I want to write programs in C# and ASP.NET. Mono says that it has a stduio similar to Visual studio in windows. A good text editor and etc...
By the way I found a file which seems to be the compiler for C# and I compiled a C# code with it and it generated a .exe file in Linux. However, linux does not execute it!!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

2. Ubuntu

how to install win version of mono

How do I install the windows version of mono? I get the message "wine: Install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project )

I have a project tree like that. after running find command with the -no -empty option, i am able to have a list of non empty directory DO_MY_SEARCH="find . -type d -not -empty -print0" MY_EXCLUDE_DIR1=" -e NOT_IN_USE -e RTMAP -e NOT_USEFULL " echo " " > $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
xsd(1)																	    xsd(1)

NAME
xsd - Mono's utility for generating schema or class files SYNOPSIS
xsd <schema.xsd> /classes [options] xsd <schema.xsd> /dataset [options] xsd <assembly>.dll|<assembly>.exe [options] xsd <instance.xml> [<instance.xml> ...] [options] DESCRIPTION
xsd is a tool for intended to complement the XML serialization support of Mono. It can do the following tasks: Generate serializable classes From a given XML schema, generate a class that can be used to read and write xml documents that conform that schema (/classes option). Generate typed datasets From a given XML schema, generate a typed DataSet class that can be used to read and write xml documents that conform that schema (/dataset option). Generate XML schemas From a given assembly and an optional type name, generate an XML schema that can be used to validate the xml documents that can be obtained by serializing objects of that type. If no type is provided, xsd generates a schema for all types in the assembly. When specifying the assembly name do not include the file extension (.dll or .exe). xsd will look for the assembly using the standard assembly loading rules. Infer XML schemas From a given set of XML documents, infer the XML schema that can be used to validate those documents. OPTIONS
The following options are available: /element:name /e:name Specifies the name of the XML schema element for which a class or a dataset has to be generated. /namespace:name /n:name Specifies the namespace of the XML schema element for which a class or a dataset has to be generated. /language:name /l:name Specifies the programming language to use for the generated code. The only supported languages are CS (C#) and VB (Visual Basic.NET). /generator:type,assembly /g:type,assembly Indicates xsd.exe to use custom CodeDomProvider to generate code. The type name must be full name. Assembly name is a local file name that is going to be loaded. The specified Type must have the default constructor. /outputdir:path /o:path Specifies the directory where to generate the code or schemas. /type:name /t:name Specifies the full name of the type (including namespace) for which to generate the XML schema. /help /h Show usage help. AUTHORS
Lluis Sanchez Gual (lluis@ximian.com) Atsushi Enomoto (atsushi@ximian.com) LICENSE
xsd is released under the terms of the GNU GPL. SEE ALSO
disco(1), soapsuds(1), mono(1), mcs(1), wsdl(1) xsd(1)