Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions checking the size of unix cd on windows platform Post 59073 by johnjsm on Thursday 9th of December 2004 04:49:08 AM
Old 12-09-2004
Checking size of disk

The disk i have is a tru Unix cd. it cannot be read in windows. I just need to be able to find what the size of the files on it are. Because it can't be read in windows its not an iso9660 disc so i think its a unix filesystem disc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking file size

What is the best way to check the size of a file? We have a problem with our repository growing to an unmanageable size. If it is greater than 17000000 then I'd like to send a warning to our system administrators. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with checking file size

I need to check the size of a log file. If the size is anything but zero, I need to send an email. I'm using this syntax: SIZE=0 VAR1=`wc -c $DIRNAME/$FILENAME1 | awk -F" " '{print $1}' ` echo $VAR1 if then do something such as send an email fi I know that the file is indeed... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file size different in unix and windows

I have a file on solaris/linux. ls -ls shows the logical size to be: 13292 However, when I transfer the file to my windows machine.. Rightclick->Properties shows the file size as: 13421 I wrote a small program on unix and windows that does a stat() on the file and reports the st_size... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exporting Files from Unix to a Windows Platform

I was able to convert my csv file in Unix to xls. I would like to export the converted xls file to a windows environment. I have to manually connect using the following below: ftp: 192.x.x.x -> username/pass -> cd -> mget *.xls and then confirm. Could I automate this process into a shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
4 Replies

6. AIX

how to allow Windows platform to access Unix based disk volumes

How to allow Windows platform to access Unix(AIX) based disk volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP from Windows XP platform to HP-UNIX10.20 machine apllications

Hi Friends Pl. clarify the following. 1. By using ftp hostname we can connect each other as long as within the n/w. Provided user name and password. 2. Using mget****(required files with extension) can trasnsfer all the files(text as well as graphical formats). 3. How we can reproduce the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamedfaizyka
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting on Windows platform

Is there a free unix platform that will allow me to write a shell script on my Windows OS? I have my files on my C: drive and i need to write a script that reads from those files and does some manipulation. Its pretty straightforward in unix commands hence i don't want to write a Java/C++ program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking for File Size

HI , How can I check if a file exists in a particular folder and it exists it size in greater than 0 kb. Basically I am trying to write a script which will check if a file exists and if exists then it size is greater than 0 bytes (I am not looking for empty files it should have some data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: testing directory on windows platform

Hi Gurus, kindly analyse the following for me, please OS: Windows 7 Code location: C:\ Output: "Program Files not being recognised" "System Volume Information is a directory" "Windows not being recognised" main { my @dirlist = <*>; foreach my $fn... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglau
0 Replies
CDRWTOOL(1)							     Commands							       CDRWTOOL(1)

NAME
cdrwtool - perform various actions on a CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD-R SYNOPSIS
cdrwtool -d device -i | -g cdrwtool -d device -s [ write-parameters ] cdrwtool -d device -q [ write-parameters ] cdrwtool -d device -m offset [ write-parameters ] cdwrtool -d device -u blocks [ write-parameters ] cdrwtool -d device -b b_mode [ write-parameters ] cdrwtool -d device -c blocks [ write-parameters ] cdwrtool -d device -f filename [ write-parameters ] cdwrtool -d device -r track [ write-parameters ] cdrwtool -h DESCRIPTION
The cdwrtool command can perform certain actions on a CD-R, CD-RW, or DVD-R device. Mainly these are blanking the media, formating it for use with the packet-cd device, and applying an UDF filesystem. The most common usage is probably the `quick setup' option: cdrwtool -d device -q which will blank the disc, format it as one large track, and write the UDF filesystem structures. Other options get and set various parameters of how the device is set up, and provide for different offsets, modes and settings from the defaults. The usefulness of most of the options is not explained. OPTIONS
Main directives: -d device Specify the device to use. eg. /dev/sr0 -i Print disc track info. -g Print write parameters. -u length Make a UDF filesystem using length number of blocks. -q `Quick setup': blank the disc, format it as one large track and write a UDF filesystem. -m offset Format the disc at offset number of blocks. -b mode Blank the disk using a mode of `full' or `fast'. -f filename Write file. -c track Close track. -r track Reserve track. -s Set write parameters determined by -l, -w, and -p options for the disc. (Note by your Debian maintainer: Apparently this option does nothing.) -v version Specify the udf revision to use. Valid revisions are 0x0201, 0x0200, 0x0150, and 0x0102. If omitted, mkudffs udf-version is 0x0150. -h Prints a sparse help message. Write parameters: -t speed Set write speed. (Defaults to 12x ?) -l type Set multi-session field. Either `0' (default), `1', or `3', corresponding to `No B0 pointer. Next Session not allowed', `B0 pointer = FF:FF:FF. Next session not allowed', and `Next session allowed. B0 pointer = next possible program area' respectively. -w mode Set write mode. Either `mode1' or `mode2' (default). -p type Set packet type. Either `0' or `1' (default), corresponding to variable and fixed packet sizes respectively. -o offset Set write offset. AUTHORS
Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de> Ben Fennema <bfennema@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu> Some additions by Richard Atterer <atterer@debian.org> AVAILABILITY
cdrwtool is part of the udftools package and is available from http://linux-udf.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
pktsetup(1) udftools-1.0.0b2 2002-02-09 CDRWTOOL(1)