Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Using forwardslash "/" in filenames Post 59065 by D-Lexy on Wednesday 8th of December 2004 07:50:15 PM
Old 12-08-2004
Using forwardslash "/" in filenames

Hello

I have set up a fileserver running on Fedora Core 3. The fileserver is used by a design dept to store graphical files. All the machines in the design dept use Macs running OSX. They have this annoying way of naming files - Using forwardslashes in the end of the filename for versioning. Eg. poster/1.psd

Linux does not support this character for a logical reason. But is there a way to "remap" this character somehow. I just don't have a clue.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count filenames after getting them with "set"?

Hi, I have a .ksh script, and I read files from a directory with "set" command: set B*.txt Means I can now assign with file1=$1 the first filename found to a variable file1. How can I count how many files it has found with "set"? Thanks, Michael (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spidermike
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH find filenames in list that match certain "pattern."

I guess by "pattern," I mean something different from how that word is defined in the Linux world. If you take $ to mean a letter (a-z) and # to mean a number (0-9), then the pattern I'm trying to match is as follows: $$$##-####-###-###.jpg I'd like to write a script that reads in a list of files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

7. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
SYSID(5)							AFS File Reference							  SYSID(5)

NAME
sysid - Lists file server machine interface addresses registered in VLDB DESCRIPTION
The sysid file records the network interface addresses that the File Server (fileserver process) registers in the Volume Location Database (VLDB) for the local file server machine. Each time the File Server restarts, it builds a list of interfaces on the local machine by reading the /var/lib/openafs/local/NetInfo file, if it exists. If the file does not exist, the File Server uses the list of network interfaces configured with the operating system. It then removes from the list any addresses that appear in the /var/lib/openafs/local/NetRestrict file, if it exists. The File Server records the resulting list in the binary-format sysid file and registers the interfaces in the VLDB. When the Cache Manager requests volume location information, the Volume Location (VL) Server provides all of the interfaces registered for each server machine that houses the volume. This enables the Cache Manager to make use of multiple addresses when accessing AFS data stored on a multihomed file server machine. CAUTIONS
The sysid file is unique to each file server machine, and must not be copied from one machine to another. If it is a common practice in the cell to copy the contents of the /var/lib/openafs/local directory from an existing file server machine to a newly installed one, be sure to remove the sysid file from the new machine before starting the "fs" trio of processes, which includes the fileserver process. A maximum of 15 file server interface addresses can be registered in the VLDB. SEE ALSO
NetInfo(5), NetRestrict(5), vldb.DB0(5), fileserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 SYSID(5)