Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ques
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ques Post 59016 by dreams5617 on Tuesday 7th of December 2004 05:14:50 PM
Old 12-07-2004
$uncompress ex_pr1.dmp.Z > ex_pr12.dmp

I want to write the o/p of .Z to a different file name like ex_pr12.dmp

I tried like this but the ex_pr12.dmp has 0 bytes.
If there is a way to write to another file name please let me know.

Thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ques regarding date command

i have couple of my assignment questions What command results in adding today's date and time to the file yesterday.txt What command results in creation of a new file named yesterday.txt that contains yesterday's date but no time (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doomed47
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Field separator Ques.

Hello... Im trying to use "- " as field separator... I used awk -F"- " '{print $3}' input_file ... but it's not working, it assumes that the field separator is "-" and not "- " ... Any ideas ?? :( Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fsck ques

hy guys I got a ques I cant acess root, i tried to fsck it, but gets errors to read file systems. What steps do you take to recover the host before you see if there is any data corruption on the root drive? Regards Charneet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charneet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Service ques

hi, Can someone tell me what commands do you use to start service back upin solaris ? Regards Charneet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charneet
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX ques!! Ans URGENT!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies
BP_CLASSIFY_HITS_KINGDOM(1p)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      BP_CLASSIFY_HITS_KINGDOM(1p)

NAME
classify_hits_kingdom - classify BLAST hits by taxonomic kingdom USAGE classify_hits_kingdom [-i tab_file] [-i second_BLAST_file] [-e evalue_cutoff] [-t dir_where_TAXONOMY_files_are] [-g gi2taxid] [-z PATH_TO_zcat] [-v] DESCRIPTION Will print out the taxonomic distribution (at the kingdom level) for a set of hits against the NR database. This script assumes you've done a search against the protein database, you'll have to make minor changes in the gi_taxid part to point to the gi_taxid_nuc.dump file. This expects BLAST files in tabbed -m9 or -m8 format. Output with -m 8 or use blast2table.pl to convert (or fastam9_to_table.PLS if using FASTA). Input values: -t/--taxonomy directory where the taxonomy .dmp files are (from NCBI) -g/--gi Location of gi_taxid_prot.dmp (or gi_taxid_nucl.dmp if the search was against a NT db) -i/--in The name of the tab delimited -m8/-m9 output files to process. -e/--evalue Provide an E-value cutoff for hits to be considered -z/--zcat Path to the 'zcat' executable, can also be 'gunzip -c' if no zcat on your system. Flags -v/--verbose To turn on verbose messages -h/--help Display this helpful information This is intended to be useful starting script, but users may want to customize the output and parameters. Note that I am summarizing the kingdoms here and Eukaryota not falling into Metazoa, Viridiplantae, or Fungi gets grouped into the general superkingdom Eukaryota. for simplicity. There are comments in the code directing you to where changes can be made if you wanted to display hits by phylum for example. Note that you must wipe out the cache file 'gi2class' that is craeed in your directory after making these changes. AUTHOR Jason Stajich jason_at_bioperl_dot_org perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 BP_CLASSIFY_HITS_KINGDOM(1p)