Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Boot Disk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Boot Disk Post 5899 by Neo on Sunday 26th of August 2001 09:30:16 AM
Old 08-26-2001
You may be using a kernel that is not compatible with your hardware. What is your H/W configuration? What kernel are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make a boot disk

I need to know how to make a boot disk to get Solaris 7 to load on a intel machine. I have checked out Sun.Com, but did not understand how to download and convert the files to a disk. any help would be appericated thanks Bobby (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Youngadmin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replacing Boot Disk in Solaris

Hi, I have the situaiton in which primary boot disk has bad sectors in Solaris 9. The other hard disk is mirrored using Solstice DiskSuite 4.2. I can reboot system with the other disk. My question is, when I replaced the boot disk with a new one, how can I create meta db and finally make it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies

3. AIX

During CD boot, hard disk does not get recognised

Hello, I have an AIX 5.1 server. Model : 7029-6E3. The users of this server have forgotted the root password and I am now supposed to reset it. I boot through the AIX 5.1 CD and try to go to the maitenance mode. But I am facing this issue, where, the hard disk does not recognised during this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sjsowmya
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Mounting disk at boot

Hi once more :p Yesterday I reinstalled Solaris OS and now I can not mount pcfs HDD SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_142901-03 i86pc i386 i86pc and what has been added in /etc/vfstab is /dev/dsk/c1t0d0p1:c - /podaci - pcfs - yes rw But as I said , my disk is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to find out boot disk

Hi, I have two disk in a machine # ioscan -funC disk Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description ================================================================== disk 0 0/2/1/0.0.0.0.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE HP DH072ABAA6 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericbj
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Boot from Mirrored disk

So I have mirrored disk already set up from c1t0d0 to c1t1d0. Is there some special procedures that I need to do before I do and then try to boot from the mirrored disk? I am using a V490 if that helps... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew_1980
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Need help replacing a mirrored boot disk

I have a v480 with a mirrored boot disk c1t0 and c1t1. The drives themselves don't show a failure but the mirror's need maintenance. This is my plan for replacing the drive. I would love feedback to point out what I"m missing or where my steps are incorrect. Two things I believe I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcoffey
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solved: Disk Unable to Boot

Update: The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked fsck unable to stat WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0). Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): I am unable to hit control-d to by pass. I... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
50 Replies

9. Solaris

How to specify local boot up disk in CD boot Grub?

Hi Solaris 10 Experts, I am wondering what is the correct syntax to edit in Grub when trying to specify the local ZFS boot disk while booting up from a Solaris 10 x86 64bits DVD installation disk. In other word, I try to boot up from local disk without removing the Solaris installation disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Use 'dd' to copy boot disk to larger target disk

Hi, I'm looking to copy a boot disk on an old Solaris 8 system using dd. I'll bring the system down to single user mode and begin from there. I'm copying my source disk to a larger target disk. Do I need to do anything other than the 'dd' command below because the target disk is bigger? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies
create_sysfile(1M)														create_sysfile(1M)

NAME
create_sysfile - create a kernel system file SYNOPSIS
[outfile] DESCRIPTION
The command creates a kernel configuration description file (system file) which can be used as input to the commands kconfig(1M) or mk_ker- nel(1M). The system file that is generated is of type version 1 (see system(4)) and is built according to the drivers required by the cur- rent system hardware. This command is intended for use during the install process when the system does not have a system file. The command uses the ioscan(1M) command to scan the system hardware and adds all drivers it can identify to run the existing hardware. If outfile is specified, the resulting system file is sent to outfile. If outfile is not specified, the output is placed in the file RETURN VALUE
Upon completion, returns with one of the following exit values: 0 Successful. 1 One or more errors were reported. DIAGNOSTICS
Errors are sent to stderr. Most of the diagnostic messages from are self-explanatory. Errors cause to halt immediately. WARNINGS
is obsolete and will be removed in a future version of HP-UX. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
ioscan(1M), kconfig(1M), mk_kernel(1M), system(4), kconfig(5). create_sysfile(1M)