Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Test Help!!!!!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Test Help!!!!!! Post 58808 by Xskwizitboi on Thursday 2nd of December 2004 11:58:42 AM
Old 12-02-2004
Error Test Help!!!!!!

I have a test due in like 2 hours and I am totally stuck on a few questions, if any can help, it would be grately appreciated.

1. What command would you type to add a serial port?

2. What file specifies whether a filesystem should be mounted at boot time or not?

3. Write the command which will run a process at 9:45 this evening.

4. What command will show the size of system tables?

Thanks yall, I really need some help for this one.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

test and .test in same directory

i am using solaris 5.10. i can create two different files "test" and ".test" in the same directory. now suppose i want to change the attribute of the hidden file .test to visible is it possible??? since "." is just an attribute to mark a file hidden why is unix allows creation of "file" and... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shc : trying to test functionality "test" compiling but can not execute

I am testing shc to see if it would help with my need. Im at a point where Im trying to compile and test the "test.ksh" file that comes in the tar ball : shc-3.8.9> shc -v -r -f test.ksh shc shll=ksh shc =-c shc =exec '%s' "$@" shc = shc opts= shc: cc test.ksh.x.c -o test.ksh.x... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies
Bio::Root::Test::Warn(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Bio::Root::Test::Warn(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Root::Test::Warn - Perl extension to test Bioperl methods for warnings SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Root::Test::Warn; warning_is {$bio_object->method()} 'Must supply a parameter', "a missing parameter test"; warning_like {$bio_object->method()} qr/Must supply a parameter/i, "a missing parameter test"; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a few convenience methods for testing warning based code. See Test::Warn for details. You will normally not use this module directly, but have it auto-loaded for you by Bio::Root::Test. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Sendu Bala Email bix@sendu.me.uk APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Root::Test::Warn(3pm)