Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Chown problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Chown problem Post 58781 by zazzybob on Thursday 2nd of December 2004 06:13:13 AM
Old 12-02-2004
What is the output of "ls -ld norfolk"? Are you the user specified in the third column of the output?

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown and NIS

I have a box that people are using to ssh to our customer sites. Everyone uses an NIS account that I have created for them. I also create home directories for these users as well on this box. My question is can use a command, like chown, to change ownership of the directories I create to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jody
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown and permissions

how i could give to user permission(delete,execute and so on) and ownership to files? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithost
1 Replies

3. AIX

chown

hello chown not change ownership before: 205:system ~kuku chown kuku:system ~kuku after no change 205:system ~kuku aix box can someone help me? ariec (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Chgrp and Chown ???

Hi Can anybody please let me know the usage of Chgrp command with an example??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reg chown

hi i wrote a script to run 'C' executable which will create a new file, after that util is completed, i have to change the file ownership to some other user. for that i used "chown" for changing the file permission in Korn script :confused:but it is throwing error is "operation... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilayans
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown

is there a difference in chown on a file or a directory? how do i chown a directory and all the contents? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp, chown, untar

hello i want shell script. i have a source.txt /home/user409/public_html/test/ /home/user09876/public_html/xdsss/ /home/user9765/public_html/320xxx/ . . . maybe 1000 lines i want . 1.read a source.txt 2.untar special.tar.gz into these directory in source.txt 3.i want to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
14 Replies

8. Solaris

NFS Share - chown problem

Hi all, I had share the server Gemini /u10 to the server Centaurus. /etc/dfs/dfstab share -F nfs -o root=centaurus /u10 My problem is: in the server Gemini the the owner for /U10 is oracle:dba but when in the server Centaurus, I am not able to change the owner become oracle:dba, it show... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
8 Replies

9. AIX

Trouble in chown

I'm a owner of directories or files why I can't deliver the ownership of them up to other users? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kang
1 Replies

10. Solaris

chown

Hello My oracledatabase creats some xmlfiles. this files has the owner hugo. now I've a script (how runs als hugo2) and this script will insert this XMLFile into the database. But that doesn't work, because the owner of the files is wrong, and hugo has not the rights to insert this files into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Street
3 Replies
funindex(1)							SAORD Documentation						       funindex(1)

NAME
funindex - create an index for a column of a FITS binary table SYNOPSIS
funindex <switches> <iname> [oname] OPTIONS
NB: these options are not compatible with Funtools processing. Please use the defaults instead. -c # compress output using gzip" -a # ASCII output, ignore -c (default: FITS table)" -f # FITS table output (default: FITS table)" -l # long output, i.e. with key value(s) (default: long)" -s # short output, i.e. no key value(s) (default: long)" DESCRIPTION
The funindex script creates an index for the specified column (key) by running funtable -s (sort) and then saving the column value and the record number for each sorted row. This index will be used automatically by funtools filtering of that column, provided the index file's modification date is later than that of the data file. The first required argument is the name of the FITS binary table to index. Please note that text files cannot be indexed at this time. The second required argument is the column (key) name to index. While multiple keys can be specified in principle, the funtools index process- ing assume a single key and will not recognize files containing multiple keys. By default, the output index file name is [root]_[key].idx, where [root] is the root of the input file. Funtools looks for this specific file name when deciding whether to use an index for faster filtering. Therefore, the optional third argument (output file name) should not be used for funtools processing. For example, to create an index on column Y for a given FITS file, use: funindex foo.fits Y This will generate an index named foo_y.idx, which will be used by funtools for filters involving the Y column. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funindex(1)