Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Trimig for HP-UX
Operating Systems HP-UX File Trimig for HP-UX Post 58680 by Perderabo on Monday 29th of November 2004 10:23:30 AM
Old 11-29-2004
Those log files should be trimmed. When log files get that large they discourage people from reading them. This won't really buy you much space back though. A "du -sk * | sort -n" will probably show that "save" has most of the space. This is need to remove patches. HP has a script that can help reclaim some of that space called "cleanup". It became more powerful with HP-UX 11i. If you are running that release, you can try "cleanup -p -c 2" or even "cleanup -p -c 1" if you're feeling brave. The -p is preview so it will only tell you what it would do without actually doing it. If it looks good, reryun the command without the -p.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
gnome-cleanup(1)						   User Commands						  gnome-cleanup(1)

NAME
gnome-cleanup - cleans GNOME user preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-cleanup DESCRIPTION
gnome-cleanup erases all GNOME user preferences, returning the user to the default look and feel. This can be used to undo an undesired preference setting, or to correct the desktop if the preferences become corrupt. The GNOME preference files are automatically recreated the next time the user logs into a GNOME session. gnome-cleanup displays all preference files that it will delete before erasing any files, and prompts the user to confirm that they would like to erase these files. Files are deleted only after receiving a positive confirmation from the user. gnome-cleanup cannot be run while logged into a GNOME session. Users should run this program when logged into another session, for exam- ple, the Failsafe session. If the user tries to run this program while logged into GNOME, an error message is displayed. OPTIONS
None. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Deleting all GNOME user preferences example% gnome-cleanup After displaying a list of preference files that will be deleted, the following question is displayed: Do you wish to remove these files (Y/N) The files are deleted only if the user provides a positive response. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-cleanup Executable for GNOME cleanup. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
remove-gnome(1) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 11 Jan 2003 gnome-cleanup(1)