Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sockets question again
Top Forums Programming sockets question again Post 58400 by Perderabo on Friday 19th of November 2004 03:06:19 PM
Old 11-19-2004
If it's possible, it will be a kernel tunable parameter. For example, see this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sockets!?!?!?!?!?!

I am looking for a way to have a program listen on a port (example: 8000) for communication I will be sending via that port to it(Linux Kernel machine). Once it recieves an appropiate command I need it to run a .bat file in linux. I know what I need to do but I am running into a few problems:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigB8210
8 Replies

2. Programming

sockets question

I'm new to sockets programming and I have a few questions: Is the a maximum limit that you can use for the send and receive buffers via a call to setsockopt()? Does it differ on different OSs? If it does, how do I find out the max limit? What is the advantage to setting the buffers to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

3. Programming

sockets

Hai, How cani declare socket and collect the data in a string varialbe. Since i am new to this i am asking this. Can we connect multiple port. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Sockets in use

Is there a way to see what sockets are in use? The developers here are getting some defunct processes and they would like to get a socket list. This is on a Solaris 8 machine. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

5. Programming

need help with sockets

anyone and teach me how to save standard output to a file in a client/server socket. I know how to read them to the screen but i'm not quite sure how to save them to a file. my read to screen file code: memset(line, 0x0, LINE_ARRAY_SIZE); while (recv(connectSocket, line, MAX_MSG, 0) >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crunchyuser
1 Replies

6. Programming

Sockets select() question

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding select() function. Imagine i had passed a fd_set* as the readfds parameter. Can i add some fd to the fd_set, using FD_SET, while the thread is blocked in the select call(obviously from another thread), and will that select call monitor those fd, even if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adadon
2 Replies

7. Programming

Help with sockets in C

if i have a server which wants to connect to exactly 5 clients, does that mean i need 5 socket file descriptors and use listen(socket_fd,1); for each one or just do listen(socket_fd,5) also whats the second parameter number mean? what happens if i put 0 there? also if i am connected... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
28 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sockets

hai guys, I'm doing a project in which one server communicates with several clients. How can i do it when i have different port numbers???:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshb6
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Basic question about sockets

Hi - I've written an app that, among other things, accepts a telnet connection (made via the "telnet" command from a terminal) and converses with it. I'd like to make this work so that only one client at a time can connect. Currently, when a second user tries to connect, the incoming messages... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzimmers
2 Replies

10. Programming

Any example about sockets in C++?

Hi, i am student, think learning about c++, someone has a example the how establish a conection with sockets :b::b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmartinez
1 Replies
clear(3XCURSES) 					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					   clear(3XCURSES)

NAME
clear, erase, wclear, werase - clear a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int clear(void); int erase(void); int wclear(WINDOW *win); int werase(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
The clear() and erase() functions clear stdscr, destroying its previous contents. The wclear() and werase() functions perform the same action, but clear the window specified by win instead of stdscr. The clear() and wclear() functions also call the clearok() function. This function clears and redraws the entire screen on the next call to refresh(3XCURSES) or wrefresh(3XCURSES) for the window. The current background character (and attributes) is used to clear the screen. PARAMETERS
win Is a pointer to the window that is to be cleared. ERRORS
OK Successful completion. ERR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bkgdset(3XCURSES), clearok(3XCURSES), clrtobot(3XCURSES), clrtoeol(3XCURSES), doupdate(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), refresh(3XCURSES), wrefresh(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 clear(3XCURSES)