Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with grep and mailx
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help with grep and mailx Post 58262 by bhargav on Tuesday 16th of November 2004 07:00:31 PM
Old 11-16-2004
Tools

Following is more efficient than previous :

grep -e "$(a=`date | cut -d" " -f 2,3`)|SEVERE" testfile | tee file1 | uuencode file1 file1 | mailx X@Y.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with mailx

How can I send a file of Unix usernames to everyone on the file without making an alias in my .mailrc file? Using a mailx command. Thanks, J.J. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JJJ
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx

I am trying to write a shell script using the mailx command. My problem is that I want to send an email address in the CC: field. What option can I use with mailx to accomplish this. Any help would be very appreciative. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skammer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MAILX help

Hello all, how do I view the default mail configurations using the mailx problem? At the moment, I have an account, and all the mail to that account is being routed to an email address, how can I view this behaviour? Also, is there anyway I can view the default mail settings for a server without... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

mailx help

Hi, I have a shell script which has code like: cat /tmp/MAIL_PCSD | mailx -m -s " PEWA Order Acknowledgement" $M1 and M1 is nothing but this M1=`echo $x | awk ' {print $3}' ` If I pass absolute email address to $M1 it works fine. But, the thing is that it gets $M1 by reading some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Using Mailx

I am new to Unix and i want to know when using mailx can we change the sender's name from the default one. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Mailx

Hi , I have written below code to send email from unix. The code is getting executed fine but i am not receiving any e mail . I am not sure what is going wrong . Do we need to do any configration setting before using Mailx? Please help set -vx echo 'Sending Mail' mailx -s "SEPA_TEST"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandru_Raj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l`

i have this line of code that looks for the same file if it is currently running and returns the count. `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` basically it is assigned to a variable ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
6 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)