Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: weird stuff
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions weird stuff Post 58244 by Perderabo on Tuesday 16th of November 2004 11:37:13 AM
Old 11-16-2004
woofie, you need to work a bit on your subjects.

From XP go to:
control panel -> power options

If the power scheme is set to max battery, XP will attempt to use speedstep. If the cpu supports speedstep, this will succeed. Intel puts speedstep on cpu's intended for laptops. I don't know about AMD. There is a freeware program called speedswitch that lets you manually control the cpu speed.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple stuff.

I hacked my TIVO a few months ago. I made a computer specifically for this, but I only used a UNIX boot disk to get all the TIVO goodies to work. I am intersted in getting some version of UNIX on this machine and getting it onto my network. I only want to do some simple file transfers, maybe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IamJAWA
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A schoolboyish stuff

Hi , This is a pretty simple sed command i found when i was checking out one of the codes of my colleague . sed -e 's/\*.*\) \(\ <1*e\ >\) \(*.*\)/\2/' When i tried this on a few text files it was displaying the entire line. If this was to display entire line why sweat out on a sed . Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help with monitoring stuff

Hi, I am trying to write a script to do monitoring kind of stuff, requirement - when a server is given a start it updates a file called server.log, I need to keep on grepping the word "Running" and as soon as it comes , script should be exited with the message , "Server came up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmenhdiratt
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk stuff

Hi, My input file data will be |ABCD|EFGH|IJKL|MNOP |ABCD|EF\|GH|IJKL|MNOP I am expecting output , |"ABCD"|"EFGH"|"IJKL"|"MNOP" |"ABCD"|"EF|GH"|"IJKL"|"MNOP" Note : The change basically the pipe deilmited file does contain | as value for some of the column but | will come with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
8 Replies

5. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies
AMDPM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  AMDPM(4)

NAME
amdpm -- AMD 756/766/768/8111 Power Management controller driver SYNOPSIS
device smbus device smb device amdpm DESCRIPTION
This driver provides access to AMD 756/766/768/8111 Power management controllers. Currently, only the SMBus 1.0 controller function is implemented. The SMBus 2.0 functionality of the AMD 8111 controller is supported via the amdsmb(4) driver. The embedded SMBus controller of the AMD 756 chipset may give you access to the monitoring facilities of your mainboard. See smb(4) for writing user code to fetch voltages, temperature and so on from the monitoring chip of your mainboard. SEE ALSO
amdsmb(4), smb(4), smbus(4) HISTORY
The amdpm driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.5. AUTHORS
This driver was written by Matthew C. Forman. Based heavily on the alpm driver by Nicolas Souchu. This manual page was written by Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Only polling mode is supported. BSD
December 31, 2005 BSD