Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Free UNIX version
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Free UNIX version Post 58166 by kezzol on Monday 15th of November 2004 06:37:38 AM
Old 11-15-2004
Quote:
moxxx68
fedoracore2 @
http://fedora.redhat.com/
this is a newer version that is somewhat in the developmental stages if that is what you want download the newest version which is the
2.6.8-1.521 i686 which has a alot more of the newer commands and utilities some of which are still being developed..so!but then again!
or you can down load the 2.6.5-1.358 i386 version of fedoracore2 which is a lot more stable but does not have as much to offer.. or you could do what I did download both...

fedora is a unix ??
I think that is a Linux not unix Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free/Educational Unix for PC??

1) Which versions of unix are available free or for educational purposes for PC. I see that the solaris binaries cannot be used on PC. 2) When I installed Linux RedHat, I had to make a partition in ext3 format. Will I have to do something similar for unix? BTW, my linux red hat os will not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LANSTARR.COM
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

free vs commercial Unix

First off, I apologize for making my first post here a question that has probably been asked over a billion times... however with the ever changing nature of technology, it almost seems like yesterday's answers are no longer applicable. Basically I am looking to start up a business and am trying... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Verbose Bob
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free Shareware for UNix.

Hello Guys, Just started with unix. I need it to keep my job. I need a free downloadable Unix simulator to use. I already have a unix material i'm reading. Any ideas. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwegbue3
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free unix software

I used to have a free software on my computer to practice unix. Unfortunately, I had to rebuild the laptop after it was infected by a virus. Now I cannot remember the website where to download the software. Can anyone point me to a site? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
2 Replies
UML_SWITCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     UML_SWITCH(1)

NAME
uml_switch -- switch daemon for user-mode Linux SYNOPSIS
uml_switch [-unix control_socket data_socket] [-hub] [-tap tun device] [-compat-v0] [-daemon] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the uml_switch program. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. uml_switch is a daemon for managing a virtual network between user-mode Linux systems, with no connection to the host system's network. It will listen for connections on a pair of UNIX domain sockets, and forward packets between clients which connect to them. OPTIONS
-unix control_socket data_socket Listen on the specified pair of sockets, instead of the defaults. -hub Act like a hub. This means that packets received will be broadcast over all virtual links. The default is to act as a switch, where packets are only sent to the link matching the destination MAC address of the packet. -tap tap device Connect the switch to a dynamically created tap device on the host -compat-v0 Specify control protocol version 0 compatibility. -daemon Run in the background as a daemon. SEE ALSO
linux(1) The UserModeLinux-HOWTO (link to URL http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/UserModeLinux-HOWTO.html) AUTHOR
uml_switch was written by Jeff Dike and others. This manual page was written by Matt Zimmerman mdz@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. UML_SWITCH(1)