Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix script execution messages Post 58081 by JimJim on Saturday 13th of November 2004 12:27:25 AM
Old 11-13-2004
Hi Zazzybob,

It works for me.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

execution small C++ program in UNIX

Hi my friends I am beginner unix programmer I have written small c++ program in text editor and I have change it mode to 555 to make it executable file to use it in unix O.P. #include<iostream.h> main() { cout<<"Hello World"; } but some syntax erroe came for << can any one help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
5 Replies

2. Linux

unix command for multifile program execution

how can I compile and execute multifile program in unix os.:o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokmishra8
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

CGI execution problem on Unix

Hello everyone, I have developed a cgi application on windows. i have created a folder in webapps of tomcat, within that a WEB-INF folder and in that cgi folder. This cgi folder contains one executable. The web.xml is as follows: <servlet> <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti_t
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Queue command execution

Hello, i was wondering if you could assist me in the following situation: i am trying to queue a group execution commands (same command but different parameters) submited from an openVMS system to a Unix system (HP UX). The commands should run in sequence; the next starts after prev finish... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wede23
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to skip any warning messages and continue job execution

Hello All, Good day! This is my first UNIX post. :D Anyways, I would like to seek help from you guys if you know of any UNIX command that will skip a warning message once it is encountered but continue to run the execution. Ok here's the situation in general: An encypted file is sent to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennah_rekka
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for conditional execution

Below is my shell script. I am trying to execute two different BTEQ scripts depending on the day of the week. So on a saturday I will execute a certain BTEQ script and on other weekdays I will run the other script. #!/bin/ksh dt=`date +"%a"` if then bteq > final_output <<- EOF .run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mihirjani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Measure thread execution (in C, unix)

Hi, I have a simulation program which creates two threads and I would like to know if I can measure the time of each individual thread. Threads communicate (I use pthread to manage them) and I want to measure communication time. I found a solution with clock_gettime and CLOCK_THREAD_CPUTIME_ID... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinkh
32 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of Unix script after every second without crontab

Hi, I have shell script "A" which is executing oracle pl/sql procedure and initiate its multiple threads at a time as below on given user value in an other script "B". I want to execute script "A" after every second with out cron tab as " A " will keep on executing after every second till... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saad.imran@gmai
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in execution of sqlscript in unix

I am new to unix and trying to execute sql script from unix. I have function already in database and trying to execute it from Cygwin unix and getting stuck. Can someone guide me where I wrote the shell script wrong sqlplus -s scott/tiger declare a number:=3; b number:=4; c number; d... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyerragudi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with UNIX.

Hi Team, I created one file like tst.pl, it contains #!/usr/bin/perl use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; During execution it's showing error like use: command not found. Pleast let me suggest how to use this perl menthods in Unix. Thanks in Advance, Reards, Harris (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris
5 Replies
AIC(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						    AIC(4)

NAME
aic -- Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
device aic In /boot/device.hints: hint.aic.0.at="isa" DESCRIPTION
The aic driver provides support for the Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI controller chips. Many systems that use these controller chips do not have a boot ROM and therefore cannot be booted from. HARDWARE
The adapters supported by the aic driver include: o Adaptec AHA-1505 (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1510A, AHA-1510B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1520A, AHA-1520B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1522A, AHA-1522B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1535 (ISA) o Creative Labs SoundBlaster SCSI host adapter (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1460, AHA-1460B, AHA-1460C, AHA-1460D (PC Card) o Adaptec AHA-1030B, AHA-1030P (PC98) o NEC PC-9801-100 (PC98) SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahb(4), ahc(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4) BUGS
The driver does not work well with multiple devices on the SCSI bus. The driver works well with devices like CDROMs and Tape drives. The driver works not so well with disk drives. The PC Card version appears to work better than the ISA version, but that may be due to differing levels of testing of the devices. BSD
November 8, 2003 BSD