Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how do you to add numbers incrementally? Post 57875 by homefp on Tuesday 9th of November 2004 08:42:55 AM
Old 11-09-2004
Hi there,

does someone knows about such a simple method to add hexadecimal numbers using awk ?

thanks,
homefp

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add some numbers!

im using this command to return the number of links in my directory, grep -c -i -h "href" *html */*html *htm *shtml is there a way of adding these to get the total? Cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TalkShowHost
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add numbers?

:confused: I have plain text file "tmp" which include a range of numbers(bytes), say like: 123 234 567 2434 2323 213123 How can I add them and display out. should I use AWK, then how? I am a newer in Bourne shell, please give me a hand, thanks a lot (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnxi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add numbers

Hello. I new to Shell Scripting. I have a file and here is the output of the file. 1.1M 1.1M 3.3M 149K 61K 75K 144K 135K 82K 170K 327K 2.0M 219K 165K (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i add two numbers

hi, i am having one file which looks like the one below: ABC1 *** 1 4 ABC2 *** 7 12 ABC3 *** 0 34 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk to Add Numbers

echo "0.1 2.0 0.4 2.0 4.3 1.0 6.0 9.0" | awk 'BEGIN {total=0} {total += $1} END {print total}' I want to add the above output from the echo command, but i can't figure this out. The output above always spits out inaccurate numbers. can someone please provide me with a one liner similar to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase two numeric variables incrementally together

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with what is probably a fairly easy problem. I have two variables, i is between 1-5, j is between 11-15 I'd like to produce this: 1_11 2_12 3_13 4_14 5_15 Each number goes up incrementally with the other. But my shoddy code is not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubleo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux command rsync sending files incrementally

Please, i have a question about rsync command: Here is the command that i have used in my script: rsync -ratlz --rsh="/usr/bin/sshpass ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no" -aAXHltzh --progress --numeric-ids --devices --rsync-path="rsync" $1 $hostname:$1 using this command, i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file incrementally

Dear all, I would like to split a file incrementally. My file looks like: $path { $name "path_sparc_ifu_dec_1" ; $transition { "dtu_inst_d" v ; // (in) "U622/Y" ^ ; // (INVX16_LVT) "U870/Y" ^ ; // (AND2X1_LVT) "U873/Y" v ; // (INVX1_LVT) "U872/Y" ^ ; // (NAND3X0_LVT)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read files incrementally and search for particular string.

Example I have following requirements where i need to search for particular string from the log files.Files will be archived with number attached end to it and creates a new log file. First Day i will ran at 8:00 AM Filename:a.log1 Wed Aug 24 04:46:34... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nareshnani211
1 Replies
xfs_ncheck(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_ncheck(8)

NAME
xfs_ncheck - generate pathnames from i-numbers for XFS SYNOPSIS
xfs_ncheck [ -i ino ] ... [ -f ] [ -s ] [ -l logdev ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_ncheck with no -i arguments generates an inode number and pathname list of all files on the given filesystem. Names of directory files are followed by /.. The output is not sorted in any particular order. The filesystem to be examined is specified by the device argument, which should be the disk or volume device for the filesystem. Filesystems stored in files can also be checked, using the -f flag. OPTIONS
-f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs -d file option). This might happen if an image copy of a filesystem has been made into an ordinary file. -l logdev Specifies the device where the filesystem's external log resides. Only for those filesystems which use an external log. See the mkfs.xfs -l option, and refer to xfs(5) for a detailed description of the XFS log. -s Limits the report to special files and files with setuserid mode. This option may be used to detect violations of security pol- icy. -i ino Limits the report to only those files whose inode numbers follow. May be given multiple times to select multiple inode numbers. If the filesystem is seriously corrupted, or very busy and looks like it is corrupt, a message of the form that would be generated by xfs_check(8) may appear. xfs_ncheck is only useful with XFS filesystems. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), xfs_check(8), xfs(5). xfs_ncheck(8)