Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to determine the interface? Post 57721 by Neo on Thursday 4th of November 2004 09:28:17 PM
Old 11-04-2004
Did you try route or netstat -r ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

determine if a ethernet interface is up

Howto check if a ethernet interface is up? It's impossible to determine via the ipaddress i have learned, or? Can someone please give me a hint on howto do? Environment == Linux x86 GNU GCC. :D regards Esaia (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Determine Solaris box network interface?

Given a new Solaris box, with a fresh, unconfigured install on it, how does one figure out what kind of network interface it has (bge,le, hme, etc)? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
8 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to determine network interface that will be used to send a packet for an IP

Hello, I'm writing to you because I encountered the following problem. My program displayes all network interfaces that are available in the system, but I would like to add a functionality in which a user can enter a destination address IP (ex. the IP address of the Google search engine) and will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxrafi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash- Determine what interface is online

Hey guys, I want to use a a quick bash script/command to determine what network interface is connected to the internet so I can pipe it out to become a variable, in order so the user does not have to manually type it in each time or have to 'hardcode' the variable into the script. I know about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Determine PCI Endpoint for a Serial Interface.

Hi Folks, Here is one for the real Solaris aficionados on the site; I have a T5240 and have to create an I/O domain with access to the serial port, in this case /dev/term/a and although I have been through the documentation I'm having some issues in identifying the device to assign. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
ROUTE.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						     ROUTE.CONF(5)

NAME
route.conf -- static routes config file DESCRIPTION
The route.conf file is read by the staticroute rc.d script during system start-up and shutdown, and is intended for adding and removing static routes. FILE FORMAT Lines starting with a hash ('#') are comments and ignored. Lines starting with a plus sign ('+') are run during start-up, while lines start- ing with a minus sign ('-') are run during system shutdown. If a line starts with a '!', the rest of the line will get evaluated as a shell script fragment. All other lines are passed to route(8). During start-up, they are passed behind a ``route add -'' command and during shut- down behind a ``route delete -'' command. FILES
/etc/route.conf The route.conf file resides in /etc. /etc/rc.d/staticroute rc.d(8) script that parses route.conf. EXAMPLES
In this example, the interface for the desired routing changes is set, the IP address on that interface is determined, and a route is added during startup, or deleted during system shutdown. # Set interface and determine current IP address for added route. !ifname=bnx0 !ipaddr=$(/sbin/ifconfig ${ifname} | awk '$1 == "inet" {print $2}') net 10.10.1 -interface ${ipaddr} In this example, IP forwarding is turned on during start-up, and a static route added for 192.168.2.0. During system shutdown, the route is removed and IP forwarding turned off. # Turn on/off IP forwarding. +sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 -sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=0 net 192.168.2.0 -netmask 255.255.255.0 192.168.150.2 SEE ALSO
rc.conf(5), rc(8), route(8) BSD
May 1, 2012 BSD