Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Handling Special Charcters
Operating Systems Solaris Handling Special Charcters Post 57600 by lloydnwo on Tuesday 2nd of November 2004 10:08:24 PM
Old 11-02-2004
Hi,

Dbaccess is an informix tool to browse the database on unix.
The file contains all the insert statements. When i transfter the file the special characters gets converted and i get an error.
You may come to know from my earlier posts. I need to handle those special characters.

Regards,

lloyd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

handling special characters

Hello everyone, I use Samba to copy mp3 files to my Red Hat 8.0 box so I can randomize them through a playlist. When I copy: Sigur Rós-Nýja Lagið.mp3 It shows in the mapped drive on Windows as: Sigur Rós-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 And via Putty as: Sigur R(grayed box)s-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 What is going... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effigy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove charcters

How do i remove single quotes(') from a file. Can we use sed for it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Line Longer Than 2048 Charcters

I have a csv file with a record size of greater than 2048.So when i try to open the file in VI..This is the error i get (test.csv" A line cannot be longer than 2048 characters) Is there a way i can change this parameter to read a bigger line (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling special characters using awk

Hi all, How do I extract a value without special characters? I need to extract the value of %Used from below and if its greater than 80, need to send a notification. I am doing this right now..Its giving 17%..Is there a way to extract the value and assign it to a variable in one step? df |grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk while handling special charaters

Hi, I have an application.xml file like </dependency> <artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version> <context-root>oldvalue</context-root> <type>ear</type> <DOCTYPE "abc/xyz/eft"> <NewTag>value123</xyz> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in linux, file holding special charcters

Hi I'd like to cat, in linux, a file that holds special charcters, like "-->" and ">" and "]" For example I have a file named test123.txt it looks like this: 2008-09-11 00:27:01,496 - < 0 > --> Start calculation of pattern , Pattern was split to pattern graphs < 0 > System Tqls Optimizer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liav
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Substitution when special charcters involved

I am trying to substitute a substring in a file and am having difficulty due to the presence of 'special characters' I tried sed -e "s/Bob's birthday 13/11/08 (today)/Bob's birthday 14/11/08 (tomorrow)/" file1 This does not action any change due to the square brackets. How can I cater... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAMZ
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters handling in perl

Hi, Here is my piece of code-- sub per_user_qna_detail { for($index=0;$index<@records;$index++) { if($records =~ m/^(.*)\s*Morocco.*Entering\s*Module::authenticate/) { printf "INSIDE per_user_qna_detail on LINE NO $index\n"; $Time_Stamp = $1;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meta charcters

Find out lines in a given file consisting of the following pattern BCAA, BCAAA, BCAAAA, BCAAAAA, BCAAAAAA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
0 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Meta charcters

find out lines in a given file consisting of the following pattern BCAA, BCAAA, BCAAAA, BCAAAAA, BCAAAAAA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
1 Replies
MongoDB(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      MongoDB(3pm)

NAME
MongoDB - Mongo Driver for Perl SYNOPSIS
use MongoDB; my $connection = MongoDB::Connection->new(host => 'localhost', port => 27017); my $database = $connection->foo; my $collection = $database->bar; my $id = $collection->insert({ some => 'data' }); my $data = $collection->find_one({ _id => $id }); INTRO TO MONGODB
This is the Perl driver for MongoDB, a document-oriented database. This section introduces some of the basic concepts of MongoDB. There's also a Tutorial pod that introduces using the driver. For more documentation on MongoDB in general, check out <http://www.mongodb.org>. GETTING HELP
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints, you can get through to the developers most dependably via the MongoDB user list: mongodb-user@googlegroups.com. You might be able to get someone quicker through the MongoDB IRC channel, irc.freenode.net#mongodb. AUTHORS
Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> Kristina Chodorow <kristina@mongodb.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2009 by 10Gen. This is free software, licensed under: The Apache License, Version 2.0, January 2004 DESCRIPTION
MongoDB is a database access module. MongoDB (the database) store all strings as UTF-8. Non-UTF-8 strings will be forcibly converted to UTF-8. To convert something from another encoding to UTF-8, you can use Encode: use Encode; my $name = decode('cp932', "x90xbcx96xecx81x40x91xbex98x59"); my $id = $coll->insert( { name => $name, } ); my $object = $coll->find_one( { name => $name } ); Thanks to taronishino for this example. Notation and Conventions The following conventions are used in this document: $conn Database connection $db Database $coll Collection undef NULL values are represented by undefined values in Perl @arr Reference to an array passed to methods \%attr Reference to a hash of attribute values passed to methods Note that Perl will automatically close and clean up database connections if all references to them are deleted. Outline Usage To use MongoDB, first you need to load the MongoDB module: use MongoDB; use strict; use warnings; (The "use strict;" and "use warnings;" isn't required, but it's strongly recommended.) Then you need to connect to a Mongo database server. By default, Mongo listens for connections on port 27017. Unless otherwise noted, this documentation assumes you are running MongoDB locally on the default port. Mongo can be started in authentication mode, which requires clients to log in before manipulating data. By default, Mongo does not start in this mode, so no username or password is required to make a fully functional connection. If you would like to learn more about authentication, see the "authenticate" method. To connect to the database, create a new MongoDB Connection object: $conn = MongoDB::Connection->new("host" => "localhost:27017"); As this is the default, we can use the equivalent shorthand: $conn = MongoDB::Connection->new; Connecting is relatively expensive, so try not to open superfluous connections. There is no way to explicitly disconnect from the database. When $conn goes out of scope, the connection will automatically be closed and cleaned up. INTERNALS Class Hierarchy The classes are arranged in a hierarchy: you cannot create a MongoDB::Collection instance before you create MongoDB::Database instance, for example. The full hierarchy is: MongoDB::Connection -> MongoDB::Database -> MongoDB::Collection This is because MongoDB::Database has a field that is a MongoDB::Connection and MongoDB::Collection has a MongoDB::Database field. When you call a MongoDB::Collection function, it "trickles up" the chain of classes. For example, say we're inserting $doc into the collection "bar" in the database "foo". The calls made look like: "$collection->insert($doc)" Calls MongoDB::Database's implementation of "insert", passing along the collection name ("foo"). "$db->insert($name, $doc)" Calls MongoDB::Connection's implementation of "insert", passing along the fully qualified namespace ("foo.bar"). "$connection->insert($ns, $doc)" MongoDB::Connection does the actual work and sends a message to the database. FUNCTIONS
These functions should generally not be used. They are very low level and have nice wrappers in MongoDB::Collection. write_insert($ns, @objs) my ($insert, $ids) = MongoDB::write_insert("foo.bar", [{foo => 1}, {bar => -1}, {baz => 1}]); Creates an insert string to be used by "MongoDB::Connection::send". The second argument is an array of hashes to insert. To imitate the behavior of "MongoDB::Collection::insert", pass a single hash, for example: my ($insert, $ids) = MongoDB::write_insert("foo.bar", [{foo => 1}]); Passing multiple hashes imitates the behavior of "MongoDB::Collection::batch_insert". This function returns the string and an array of the the _id fields that the inserted hashes will contain. write_query($ns, $flags, $skip, $limit, $query, $fields?) my ($query, $info) = MongoDB::write_query('foo.$cmd', 0, 0, -1, {getlasterror => 1}); Creates a database query to be used by "MongoDB::Connection::send". $flags are query flags to use (see "MongoDB::Cursor::Flags" for possible values). $skip is the number of results to skip, $limit is the number of results to return, $query is the query hash, and $fields is the optional fields to return. This returns the query string and a hash of information about the query that is used by "MongoDB::Connection::recv" to get the database response to the query. write_update($ns, $criteria, $obj, $flags) my ($update) = MongoDB::write_update("foo.bar", {age => {'$lt' => 20}}, {'$set' => {young => true}}, 0); Creates an update that can be used with "MongoDB::Connection::send". $flags can be 1 for upsert and/or 2 for updating multiple documents. write_remove($ns, $criteria, $flags) my ($remove) = MongoDB::write_remove("foo.bar", {name => "joe"}, 0); Creates a remove that can be used with "MongoDB::Connection::send". $flags can be 1 for removing just one matching document. read_documents($buffer) my @documents = MongoDB::read_documents($buffer); Decodes BSON documents from the given buffer SEE ALSO
MongoDB main website <http://www.mongodb.org/> Core documentation <http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Manual> MongoDB::Tutorial, MongoDB::Examples perl v5.14.2 2011-09-07 MongoDB(3pm)