Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Handling Special Charcters
Operating Systems Solaris Handling Special Charcters Post 57600 by lloydnwo on Tuesday 2nd of November 2004 10:08:24 PM
Old 11-02-2004
Hi,

Dbaccess is an informix tool to browse the database on unix.
The file contains all the insert statements. When i transfter the file the special characters gets converted and i get an error.
You may come to know from my earlier posts. I need to handle those special characters.

Regards,

lloyd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

handling special characters

Hello everyone, I use Samba to copy mp3 files to my Red Hat 8.0 box so I can randomize them through a playlist. When I copy: Sigur Rós-Nýja Lagið.mp3 It shows in the mapped drive on Windows as: Sigur Rós-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 And via Putty as: Sigur R(grayed box)s-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 What is going... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effigy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove charcters

How do i remove single quotes(') from a file. Can we use sed for it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Line Longer Than 2048 Charcters

I have a csv file with a record size of greater than 2048.So when i try to open the file in VI..This is the error i get (test.csv" A line cannot be longer than 2048 characters) Is there a way i can change this parameter to read a bigger line (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling special characters using awk

Hi all, How do I extract a value without special characters? I need to extract the value of %Used from below and if its greater than 80, need to send a notification. I am doing this right now..Its giving 17%..Is there a way to extract the value and assign it to a variable in one step? df |grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk while handling special charaters

Hi, I have an application.xml file like </dependency> <artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version> <context-root>oldvalue</context-root> <type>ear</type> <DOCTYPE "abc/xyz/eft"> <NewTag>value123</xyz> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in linux, file holding special charcters

Hi I'd like to cat, in linux, a file that holds special charcters, like "-->" and ">" and "]" For example I have a file named test123.txt it looks like this: 2008-09-11 00:27:01,496 - < 0 > --> Start calculation of pattern , Pattern was split to pattern graphs < 0 > System Tqls Optimizer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liav
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Substitution when special charcters involved

I am trying to substitute a substring in a file and am having difficulty due to the presence of 'special characters' I tried sed -e "s/Bob's birthday 13/11/08 (today)/Bob's birthday 14/11/08 (tomorrow)/" file1 This does not action any change due to the square brackets. How can I cater... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAMZ
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters handling in perl

Hi, Here is my piece of code-- sub per_user_qna_detail { for($index=0;$index<@records;$index++) { if($records =~ m/^(.*)\s*Morocco.*Entering\s*Module::authenticate/) { printf "INSIDE per_user_qna_detail on LINE NO $index\n"; $Time_Stamp = $1;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meta charcters

Find out lines in a given file consisting of the following pattern BCAA, BCAAA, BCAAAA, BCAAAAA, BCAAAAAA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
0 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Meta charcters

find out lines in a given file consisting of the following pattern BCAA, BCAAA, BCAAAA, BCAAAAA, BCAAAAAA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
1 Replies
NTDBTOOL(8)						    System Administration tools 					       NTDBTOOL(8)

NAME
ntdbtool - manipulate the contents NTDB files SYNOPSIS
ntdbtool NTDBFILE [COMMANDS...] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. ntdbtool a tool for displaying and altering the contents of Samba NTDB (New Trivial DataBase) files. Each of the commands listed below can be entered interactively or provided on the command line. COMMANDS
create NTDBFILE Create a new database named NTDBFILE. open NTDBFILE Open an existing database named NTDBFILE. erase Erase the current database. dump Dump the current database as strings. cdump Dump the current database as connection records. keys Dump the current database keys as strings. hexkeys Dump the current database keys as hex values. info Print summary information about the current database. insert KEY DATA Insert a record into the current database. move KEY NTDBFILE Move a record from the current database into NTDBFILE. store KEY DATA Store (replace) a record in the current database. show KEY Show a record by key. delete KEY Delete a record by key. list Print the current database hash table and free list. free Print the current database and free list. ! COMMAND Execute the given system command. first Print the first record in the current database. next Print the next record in the current database. check Check the integrity of the current database. repack Repack a database using a temporary file to remove fragmentation. quit Exit ntdbtool. SEE ALSO
tdbtool(8) CAVEATS
The contents of the Samba NTDB files are private to the implementation and should not be altered with ntdbtool. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 4.1 06/17/2014 NTDBTOOL(8)