Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Handling Special Charcters
Operating Systems Solaris Handling Special Charcters Post 57585 by AbEnd on Tuesday 2nd of November 2004 03:01:34 PM
Old 11-02-2004
What is dbaccess?

What file did you have to transfer?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

handling special characters

Hello everyone, I use Samba to copy mp3 files to my Red Hat 8.0 box so I can randomize them through a playlist. When I copy: Sigur Rós-Nýja Lagið.mp3 It shows in the mapped drive on Windows as: Sigur Rós-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 And via Putty as: Sigur R(grayed box)s-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 What is going... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effigy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove charcters

How do i remove single quotes(') from a file. Can we use sed for it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Line Longer Than 2048 Charcters

I have a csv file with a record size of greater than 2048.So when i try to open the file in VI..This is the error i get (test.csv" A line cannot be longer than 2048 characters) Is there a way i can change this parameter to read a bigger line (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling special characters using awk

Hi all, How do I extract a value without special characters? I need to extract the value of %Used from below and if its greater than 80, need to send a notification. I am doing this right now..Its giving 17%..Is there a way to extract the value and assign it to a variable in one step? df |grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk while handling special charaters

Hi, I have an application.xml file like </dependency> <artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version> <context-root>oldvalue</context-root> <type>ear</type> <DOCTYPE "abc/xyz/eft"> <NewTag>value123</xyz> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in linux, file holding special charcters

Hi I'd like to cat, in linux, a file that holds special charcters, like "-->" and ">" and "]" For example I have a file named test123.txt it looks like this: 2008-09-11 00:27:01,496 - < 0 > --> Start calculation of pattern , Pattern was split to pattern graphs < 0 > System Tqls Optimizer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liav
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Substitution when special charcters involved

I am trying to substitute a substring in a file and am having difficulty due to the presence of 'special characters' I tried sed -e "s/Bob's birthday 13/11/08 (today)/Bob's birthday 14/11/08 (tomorrow)/" file1 This does not action any change due to the square brackets. How can I cater... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAMZ
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters handling in perl

Hi, Here is my piece of code-- sub per_user_qna_detail { for($index=0;$index<@records;$index++) { if($records =~ m/^(.*)\s*Morocco.*Entering\s*Module::authenticate/) { printf "INSIDE per_user_qna_detail on LINE NO $index\n"; $Time_Stamp = $1;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meta charcters

Find out lines in a given file consisting of the following pattern BCAA, BCAAA, BCAAAA, BCAAAAA, BCAAAAAA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
0 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Meta charcters

find out lines in a given file consisting of the following pattern BCAA, BCAAA, BCAAAA, BCAAAAA, BCAAAAAA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
1 Replies
libcurl(3)						      libcurl easy interface							libcurl(3)

NAME
libcurl-easy - easy interface overview DESCRIPTION
When using libcurl's "easy" interface you init your session and get a handle (often referred to as an "easy handle"), which you use as input to the easy interface functions you use. Use curl_easy_init(3) to get the handle. You continue by setting all the options you want in the upcoming transfer, the most important among them is the URL itself (you can't transfer anything without a specified URL as you may have figured out yourself). You might want to set some callbacks as well that will be called from the library when data is available etc. curl_easy_setopt(3) is used for all this. When all is setup, you tell libcurl to perform the transfer using curl_easy_perform(3). It will then do the entire operation and won't return until it is done (successfully or not). After the transfer has been made, you can set new options and make another transfer, or if you're done, cleanup the session by calling curl_easy_cleanup(3). If you want persistent connections, you don't cleanup immediately, but instead run ahead and perform other transfers using the same easy handle. libcurl 7.10.7 12 Aug 2003 libcurl(3)