Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: c programming with xml
Top Forums Programming c programming with xml Post 57503 by dianazheng on Friday 29th of October 2004 09:08:49 PM
Old 10-29-2004
Do you have any examples that is close to what i am trying to do now, or would you mind giving me some examples.

Thanks in advance..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

2. Programming

xml and c programming for unix

Does anyone can tell me what is the best way to post a xml request to a web service on C. I am using expat for parsing the response, but until now i build my xml request with a bunch of strcat functions, then connect to the port and send it that way. I am wondering if there are libraries or a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: loquito
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
XML-XPARSE(1)							   User Commands						     XML-XPARSE(1)

NAME
xml-xparse - Parse XML documents with entity and URI resolution SYNOPSIS
xml-xparse [options] xmlfile DESCRIPTION
xml-xparse is a simple command line tool for parsing and validating XML documents. It is not an actual XML parser, it just wraps around a JAXP Parser, adding support for catalog-based entity and URI resolution. OPTIONS
-c catalogfile Load a particular catalog file. May be specified multiple times. -v Perform a validating parse. This is the default. -w Perform a well-formed parse, not a validating parse. -N Perform a namespace-aware parse. This is the default. -n Perform a namespace-ignorant parse. -d debuglevel Set the debug level (an integer). Warnings are shown if the debug level is set to greater than 2. -E maxerrors Set the maximum number of errors to display. The default is 10. FILES
/etc/java/resolver/CatalogManager.properties The central catalog manager configuration file used by xml-xparse. SEE ALSO
xml-xread(1), xml-resolver(1), java(1), the OASIS entity resolution technical committee home page at <http://www.oasis-open.org/commit- tees/entity/>. AUTHOR
Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM> 1.1 July 2004 XML-XPARSE(1)