Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server Admin- Print queues
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Server Admin- Print queues Post 57481 by John Philip on Friday 29th of October 2004 06:06:35 AM
Old 10-29-2004
lpstat

try running:
lpstat
from the terminal
If not familiar with the possibilities run:
man lpstat

Kindest

John Philip

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Queues

I have a print queue set up with the following options: remote, standard processing, Hostname=(A Windows 2000 Server), bsd print spooler. It takes about 1 minute to transfer a 100 kb file and it times out (downs the queue) on larger files. When tested on a different system at a different location... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottb7711
2 Replies

2. Linux

print queues

RH 7.2 Are there any commands to check the print queue status? Something along the lines of AIX's "qchk"? Thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Print Queues

Can anyone help with the remote print queue setup for a Intermec label printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to reset SC admin password in Netra T2000 server?

I have one Sun Netra T2000 Server. The ALOM SC admin password of this server is not known. Could you anyone help and tell me how can i reset the SC admin account password?? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_shet
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Restarting CUPS will restart existing print queues?

Hi, We need to restart CUPS service, and want to know if restarting CUPS service will stop/start existing printing queues? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Setting up Solaris 10 to print to a windows print server

Guys, I have a issue that I am trying to rectify please advise. lpstat -t shows scheduler is running printer lext644 disabled since Mon Dec 02 19:48:18 2013. available.I have restarted the printer service and it shows online but the above says disabled. I have a lot of jobs in the print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrywhitejr
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
lpstat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lpstat(1)

NAME
lpstat - print information about the status of the LP print service SYNOPSIS
lpstat [ -A ] [ -d ] [ -r ] [ -R ] [ -s ] [ -t ] [ -a [list] ] [ -c [list] ] [ -f [list] [ -l ] ] [ -o [list] ] [ -p [list] [ -D ] [ -l ] ] [ -P ] [ -S [list] [ -l ] ] [ -u [login-ID-list] ] [ -v [list] ] [ -Tdebugoptions ] [list] DESCRIPTION
The lpstat command prints information about the current status of the LP print service. This is implemented as a front end to the LPRng lpq(1) program, and does not have the full functionality of the native lpstat program. If no options are given, then lpstat prints the status of all the user's print requests made by lp on the default printer. (see lp(1) and lpr(1)). Any arguments that are not options are assumed to be request-IDs as returned by lp or printer names. The lpstat command prints the status of such requests. The options may appear in any order and may be repeated and intermixed with other arguments. Some of the keyletters below may be followed by an optional list that can be in one of two forms: a list of items separated from one another by a comma, or a list of items separated from one another by spaces enclosed in quotes. For example: example% lpstat -u "user1 user2 user3" Specifying all after any keyletter that takes list as an argument causes all information relevant to the keyletter to be printed. For example, the command: example% lpstat -o all prints the status of all output requests. The omission of a list following such key letters causes all information relevant to the key letter to be printed. For example, the com- mand: example% lpstat -o prints the status of all output requests. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -A Use authentication specified by the value of the AUTH environment variable. -a [list] Reports whether print destinations are accepting requests. list is a list of printer names. -c [list] Print name of all classes and their members. list is a list of class names. (Same effect as -o.) -d Print the system default destination for output requests. -f [list] [-l] Print list of printers supporting the specified forms option is ignored. -o [list] Print the status of output requests: list is a list of intermixed printer names, class names, and request-IDs. The keylet- ter -o may be omitted. -p [list] Print the status of printers. list is a list of printer names. (Same effect as -o.) -P Print the paper types. Ignored. -r Print the status of the LP request scheduler. -R Print a number showing the position of each job in the print queue. Ignored. -s Print a status summary. Produces a short status listing. -S [list] [-l] List or verify character sets of printers. (Ignored.) -t Print all status information. -u [login-ID-list] Print the status of output requests for users. (Same effect as -o.) -v [list] Print the path names of the printer output devices. (Ignored.) -D Combined with the -p flag prints description of printer. -Toptions Set debugging options. Use -T= to get lpstat to provide a list. ENVIRONMENT
By default, the destination printer is taken from the command line dest value, then the environment variables PRINTER, LPDEST, NPRINTER, NGPRINTER, then first entry in the printcap information, and and finally the default_printer entry from the configuration file, and then the compile time default. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: zero (0) Successful completion. non-zero (!=0) An error occurred. FILES
The files used by LPRng are set by values in the printer configuration file. The following are a commonly used set of default values. /etc/lpd.conf LPRng configuration file ${HOME}/.printcap user printer description file /etc/printcap printer description file /etc/lpd.perms permissions /var/run/lpd lock file for queue control /var/spool/lpd spool directories /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/control queue control /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/log trace or debug log file /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/acct accounting file /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/status status file SEE ALSO
lpd.conf(5), lpc(8), lpd(8), checkpc(8), lpr(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), printcap(5), lpd.perms(5), pr(1), lprng_certs(1), lprng_index_certs(1). DIAGNOSTICS
Most of the diagnostics are self explanatory. If you are puzzled over the exact cause of failure, set the debugging level on (-T5) and run again. The debugging information will help you to pinpoint the exact cause of failure. HISTORY
LPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng mailing list is lprng@lprng.com; subscribe by sending mail to lprng-request@lprng.com with the word subscribe in the body. The software is available from ftp://ftp.lprng.com/pub/LPRng. AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>. 7 Feb 1994 lpstat(1)