Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tar switches!!!
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tar switches!!! Post 57364 by nikk on Monday 25th of October 2004 06:09:41 AM
Old 10-25-2004
Tar switches!!!

Hi,
If i want to write my data on several tapes, (more than one tape), what switch(s) i need to use with tar.

In other word if my data needs the sapce more than one tape & i don't wanna to compress or ... my data. so is it possible to write up to the end of the tape & it asks to put another tape & write the rest of data on that & so on.

Thanks,
--Nikk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Signal Handling and Context Switches

Hi guys, this is my first posting, so at first hi to everyone! ;) I have a problem with ucontext_t in connection with signal handling. I want to simulate a preemptive scheduler. I am using the iTimer with ITIMER_PROF, to schedule the interrupts. You find the code below: #include <stdio.h>... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: XComp
18 Replies

2. IP Networking

LACP aggregation on separates switches

Hello, I'm working on LACP architecture. I would like to know if it's possible to aggregate two links on two separate switches. Here an example I want : Aggregation of link1 and link2 to obtain a logical 2 gbit/s link. Also have redundancy, if one of them is down, the traffic goes through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbemonet
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collect information from switches

Hi All , In my environment we have 12 SAN switches .Culd u pls help me for below queries . would like to telnet to all switches and collect information in daily basis with "switchstatus" command and store the output under /tmp/ folder on systemA . To keep passwords of 12switches in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinni-script
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios monitoring for switches.

Hi, I have configured check_snmp plugin and using the plugin i am able to monitor the uptime of the switch. But the following fails # /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H 10.10.10.1 -C ready -o ifOperStatus.1 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB SNMP CRITICAL - *down(2)* | # Any suggestions ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple commandline switches

I have a script that has commandline switches that work no problem. But i don't know how to enable it to have multiple switches at one time. So I'd want myscript -h -o or even myscript -ho but i'm having no luck incorporating this. I tried shifting but i'm not getting it. Thanks ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo switches

Hello All, I am writing an shell script but abruptly its not able to recognize switches in echo statement. #!/bin/bash top -n 1 -b>ankit host=`hostname` time=`cat ankit|grep load|tr -s " "|cut -d " " -f3` load=`cat ankit|grep load|tr -s " "|cut -d "," -f4|cut -d ":" -f2` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

9. AIX

LACP between AIX 7.1 and HP procurve switches

Hi. On a standalone AIX server, 7.1 version, I have 3 connected gigabit ethernet ports. I made an etherchannel like this : # lsattr -El ent4 adapter_names ent1,ent2 | EtherChannel Adapters True alt_addr 0x000000000000 | Alternate EtherChannel Address True auto_recovery yes | Enable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stephnane
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Strings in as options to switches

I have a script using getops with -a -t -l as potential switches, based on the switches used, it will set the respective variable value which will cause the routine/function to run. I need to also pass a string with the switch that will get parsed by the function. example ./myscript -a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies
BTAPE(8)					     Network backup, recovery and verification						  BTAPE(8)

NAME
btape - Bacula's Tape interface test program SYNOPSIS
btape [options] device-name DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the btape command. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -? Show summary of options and commands. -b bootstrap Specify a bootstrap file. -c config Specify configuration file. -d nn Set debug level to nn. -p Proceed inspite of I/O errors. -t Open the default tape device. -s No signals (for debugging). -v Set verbose mode. COMMANDS
autochanger test autochanger bsf backspace file bsr backspace record cap list device capabilities clear clear tape errors eod go to end of Bacula data for append eom go to the physical end of medium fill fill tape, write onto second volume unfill read filled tape fsf forward space a file fsr forward space a record help print this reference label write a Bacula label to the tape load load a tape quit quit btape rawfill use write() to fill tape readlabel read and print the Bacula tape label rectest test record handling functions rewind rewind the tape scan read() tape block by block to EOT and report scanblocks Bacula read block by block to EOT and report status print tape status test General test Bacula tape functions weof write an EOF on the tape wr write a single Bacula block rr read a single record rb read a single bacula block qfill quick fill command SEE ALSO
bscan(1), bextract(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon@adv-solutions.net>. Kern Sibbald 26 November 2009 BTAPE(8)