Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming OpenVMS IPC and TCP/IP Programming Post 57352 by izy100 on Sunday 24th of October 2004 08:56:36 AM
Old 10-24-2004
Yeah, you are right. I always think that VMS has a longer history than UNIX, which is why it's a "dying" technology.

But I have yet to know the reason why is your compy moving to VMS from UNIX?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcp/ip programming

I am looking for some help with writing a small script that will scan a range if subnets and count the number of reply. If anyone has any shell programming experience with either perl or tcp/ip could you please give me a hand.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veitcha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting an OpenVms .com to a UNIX ksh script

Does anyone know what a unix equivalent to the following OpenVms string would be? variable1 = F$FAO("!123AS",file_create_time) I can't seem to find the proper syntax of anything I try. Thx! J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prosserj
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

TCP Programming problems with 'recv'

Hey, I am learning to program a TCP server and managed to get it up and running (I am using Windows 98SE). I can use the send function to send information to the client and I can use the recv function to ask the user to pass information through, but when I do so it only allows the client to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
1 Replies

4. Programming

Confusion about TCP/IP socket programming

Hello there chaps. First of all, i'm no TCP/IP-wiz, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've been messing around with filetransfer using sockets, and there is one thing that confuses me. This is how it's set up: A server app listens on a port for a client connection. When it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crippe
3 Replies

5. Programming

Porting File from OPenVMS to AIX Unix

We are in requirement to port relative file organization files from OpenVMS V7.1-1H2 to AIX Unix. These file contains multiple binary records each of 512 bytes but it could be possible that a few bytes are padded up to fill the record structure. One of our thought process is to write a program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

socket programming : client server IPC

I'm new to socket programming. Have a basic doubt. I have a structure(global) at the server side. I have two different client connecting to the server. Will the changes made by one client on the structure be visible to the other client when it accesses the same client? I'm creating a STREAM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abc.working
3 Replies

7. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Any OpenVMS 8.4 Users available?

Any takers on a seeminly simple question? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
8 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

OpenVMS forum

Hello admins and moderators, I was just wondering why you never opened an openVMS subforum under Operating Systems section. After all, openVMS is still active. thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
0 Replies
IPC(2)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    IPC(2)

NAME
socketcall - socket system calls SYNOPSIS
int socketcall(int call, unsigned long *args); DESCRIPTION
socketcall is a common kernel entry point for the socket system calls. call determines which socket function to invoke. args points to a block containing the actual arguments, which are passed through to the appropriate call. User programs should call the appropriate functions by their usual names. Only standard library implementors and kernel hackers need to know about socketcall. CONFORMING TO
This call is specific to Linux, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. SEE ALSO
accept(2), bind(2), connect(2), getpeername(2), getsockname(2), getsockopt(2), listen(2), recv(2), recvfrom(2), send(2), sendto(2), set- sockopt(2), shutdown(2), socket(2), socketpair(2) Linux 1.2.4 1995-04-15 IPC(2)