Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: First Job
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? First Job Post 56742 by Jdogg on Sunday 10th of October 2004 07:50:49 AM
Old 10-10-2004
My first true UNIX role was travelling round the country installing new servers in Insurance brokers and migrating the app and data from the old box usually running SCO 3.2 rel 4.2 to OpenServer 5.0.x. Company based in Leeds, me based from home in Brighton, always had 3 days to do a 1 day job (well if the kit ever turned up on time), got to see the country, had hotel stays, expenses - great fun. Unfortunately care free driving put paid to the little number - oh well.
Jdogg

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at job

How do I configure my solaris 8 machine to run a job using at scheduler, as a different user. my at job only run as a root user, but i want to configure users to run at job. I try to run a job to copy file like at "time" </copy_script but this only run, if I run as a root user. the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

3. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job dependent on other job

Hi All I am trying to run one command ie grep but I want it should execute only after the completion of a shell script has finished. eg Following is my script : java -mx64m $JAVA_OPTS -Dant.home=$ANT_HOME -classpath $_CLASSPATH org.apache.tools.ant.Main -verbose -buildfile /opt/bea/wls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert child job under a box job?

I have this box job and it contains only one job under it which is to load a file. I want to insert a "File Watcher", "Copy File" to it? Have no clue how to do that...any help plzzz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xejatt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

At job

Hi I am using at job in my SHELL scripts.. When it prompts to enter the time for at job..I used to press enter(return) button.. After that its running the job properly, but its showing the below error UX:at: ERROR: Bad date specification.. Can some one suggest how to remove that error. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys job configuration for job failure.

We need to configure autosys that when a job fails continously for 3 times, we need to call another job. Is this possible in Autosys, or can anyone advice on the alternative. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys Job: Job did not start

I have submitted an autosys job and force start it. Autosys hit the job 4 times to restart but it did not start and finally I terminate the job. Any idea why the job did not start. Below is the code I executed. 1214 missun0ap /export/home/bzn97r/develop/dswi/jil$ sendevent -E FORCE_STARTJOB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
0 Replies
CountryCode(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  CountryCode(3pm)

NAME
NCC::CountryCode - Perl extension for blah blah blah SYNOPSIS
use NCC::CountryCode; my $cc = new NCC::CountryCode(); my $cc_hash = $cc->getCCs(); print ($cc->isCC('NL')) ? "exists" : "non-existing"; $cc->CC2Country('fr'); $cc->Country2CC('russia'); DESCRIPTION
This module provides class and several methods to simplify mapping between country names and country codes, as they assigned in the ISO3166. The CC2Country() method maps country code to the corresponding country name or empty string, if it doesn't exist. The Country2CC() tries to map passed country name into country code. As the spelling of the name may vary, this function tries to find all possible matches for passed name. In array context method returns hash of country codes and names, in scalar - a string, containing all possible country codes and corresponding country names. The isCC() method verifies, that passed country code is a legal one and returns it in upper case. Otherwise it returns empty string. The getCCs() method returns the reference to the internal hash, that containes all the country codes with corresponding them country names. BUGS
In addition to the country codes defined by ISO3166 standart this module also introduce 'UK' as a synonim for 'GB' and 'EU' as additional 'virtual' name for the Europe itself. AUTHOR
Timur Bakeyev, timur@ripe.net SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.10.1 2001-09-10 CountryCode(3pm)