Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to create .sh_history file Post 5668 by b5fnpct on Monday 20th of August 2001 11:02:10 AM
Old 08-20-2001
Data How to create .sh_history file

Thanks PxT answered my "compare two files"question very quick and neat!!:-)

I have a question about .history file I couldn't find any satisfied answer from book.

1. This file was created automatically when you set up user's environment or you have to use a command to create it or you have to "touch" it?

2. If the user doesn't have this file before,can I find out his "history" from somewhere or can I view his "history" by using root previlige? If yes, from which file I can find his history command?

Thanks in advance!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.sh_history contains the list of past commands

hi, .sh_history keeps a list of past commands that we entered. but it has a limit and where do we set this limit. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.sh_history file

Hi Friends, We are currently 5 people using same Unix login-id on different terminals, .sh_history file contains list of commands typed by all 5 peoples(commands history) with the below list : $tail .sh_history ls -ltr pwd cd .. ls -ltr clear cd temp more kk.lst Now my question... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification on .cshrc,.exrc,.login,.profile,.sh_history files

All, I had a request to delete filed under a directory that was 35 days old . And they asked me to scedule it in CRON . I have done that . I have use find and delete with mtime to perfrom this task . But my script is not deleting this .cshrc,.exrc,.login,.profile,.sh_history file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

4. AIX

history .sh_history sh_history

hi what's the difference between .sh_history and sh_history for root user? thanks itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. AIX

timestamp in .sh_history using ksh shell

Hello Everyone: Does anyone know how I will setup my account to put timestamp in my .sh_history? I do not hold the root account. I am using AIX 5 and ksh shell. I tried every solution I can find in the internet but nothing seems to work OR I am just applying those in the wrong way. Anyone knows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Incoherence between finger and .sh_history

Hello, I've a script that verifies users connections. This is the check part do NEVER=$(finger $USER | grep -i Never) if then NAME=$(finger $USER | grep -i "In real life" | sed -e 's/^.*life: //') echo $USER $NAME >> never_logged #" "$NEVER fi done that for a specific... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

7. AIX

Looking at .sh_history file.

I reviewed a couple old post where shockneck posted the use of the EXTENDED_HISTORY=ON variable to place a timestamp in the .sh_history file when using ksh and using the fc -t command to read the .sh_history file. The fc command reads my history file. As an admin I would like to be able to read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sh_history file

Hi, I'm on a linux machine. But I see that sh_history is not updated since february 15. How is it possible ? Thank you. uname -a Linux MYSERVER 2.6.18-194.11.3.el5PAE #1 SMP Mon Aug 23 15:57:10 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux ls -al -rw------- 1 oracle dba 3644 fév 15 09:28... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
10 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in Emailing all .sh_history entries

Hi, I can't get all the enties of AIX .sh_history in email. only first entry of the history is emailed after executing the below code. mail -s "History `date +%d-%m-%Y`" myemail@xyz.com <$HOME/.sh_history Can anyone help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
3 Replies
MINCHISTORY(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    MINCHISTORY(1)

NAME
minchistory - prints history information for minc files SYNOPSIS
minchistory [options] <file1.mnc> [<file2.mnc> ... ] minchistory will dump the internal history of one or more MINC files DESCRIPTION
minchistory is a perl script that prints the history information in a collection of MINC files. Most MINC files contain an internal "audit trail" that lists the commands used to create the MINC file. This tool provides a convenient way to examine this information. For each file, minchistory prints a title line followed by a series of lines which list the history information for that file. --- History of <filename> --- [01] Wed Oct 13 15:35:35 EST 2004>>>> dicom3_to_minc . [02] Wed Oct 13 15:43:34 2004>>> mincreshape +direction bob-jones_256x256x256_T1.mnc out.mnc -dimorder zspace,yspace,xspace -clobber minchistory is essentially an alias for the following command with a bit of pretty printing added. mincinfo -attvalue :history B<filename.mnc> OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Be noisy when doing things --version Print version number and exit -h, --help Dump some quick help output --man Dump a man page SEE ALSO
mincinfo(1) AUTHOR
Andrew Janke - a.janke@gmail.com COPYRIGHTS
Copyright 2000 by Andrew L Janke perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 MINCHISTORY(1)