Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Moderators area?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Moderators area? Post 56405 by Neo on Friday 1st of October 2004 05:55:19 PM
Old 10-01-2004
Driver,

Try it now. Let me know if it works or not.

Neo

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

admins and moderators..

hi admins and moderators, thread :https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=20620 my first thread in the forum.. i thought of some other answer. i like to tell you to delete that thread.. or tell anyother answer.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

about moderators..

sorry to ask this question(if u find difficulty): what you (unix.com moderators) will did and doing now? ie how u r selected as a "moderator" for unix.com and is unix.com is what ur full time job or it is ur part time job like that.. and is this forum is what the most popular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
5 Replies
POE::Driver::SysRW(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   POE::Driver::SysRW(3pm)

NAME
POE::Driver::SysRW - buffered, non-blocking I/O using sysread and syswrite SYNOPSIS
"SYNOPSIS" in POE::Driver illustrates how the interface works. This module is merely one implementation. DESCRIPTION
This driver implements POE::Driver using sysread and syswrite. PUBLIC METHODS
POE::Driver::SysRW introduces some additional features not covered in the base interface. new [BlockSize => OCTETS] new() creates a new buffered I/O driver that uses sysread() to read data from a handle and syswrite() to flush data to that handle. The constructor accepts one optional named parameter, "BlockSize", which indicates the maximum number of OCTETS that will be read at one time. "BlockSize" is 64 kilobytes (65536 octets) by default. Higher values may improve performance in streaming applications, but the trade-off is a lower event granularity and increased resident memory usage. Lower "BlockSize" values reduce memory consumption somewhat with corresponding throughput penalties. my $driver = POE::Driver::SysRW->new; my $driver = POE::Driver::SysRW->new( BlockSize => $block_size ); Drivers are commonly instantiated within POE::Wheel constructor calls: $_[HEAP]{wheel} = POE::Wheel::ReadWrite->new( InputHandle => *STDIN, OutputHandle => *STDOUT, Driver => POE::Driver::SysRW->new(), Filter => POE::Filter::Line->new(), ); Applications almost always use POE::Driver::SysRW, so POE::Wheel objects almost always will create their own if no Driver is specified. All Other Methods POE::Driver::SysRW documents the abstract interface documented in POE::Driver. Please see POE::Driver for more details about the following methods: flush get get_out_messages_buffered put SEE ALSO
POE::Driver, POE::Wheel. Also see the SEE ALSO section of POE, which contains a brief roadmap of POE's documentation. AUTHORS &; COPYRIGHTS Please see POE for more information about authors and contributors. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-15 POE::Driver::SysRW(3pm)