Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Moving data from one database to other Post 56348 by google on Friday 1st of October 2004 06:51:33 AM
Old 10-01-2004
It would be helpful to understand what database you are working with (Oracle, DB2, Access, etc) as well as which Operating System.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving specific data between databases

Dear All, I have 2 databases, There is a lot of data in both the databases, i would like to move some data from one database to the other. I would like to accept 2 parameters from the user, i.e. emplyee id & dept, on entering the 2 i will unload all the data from the tables to the flat files.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lloydnwo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

moving rrd data to mysql

All I currently run an application called OpenNMS. This is a free enterprise grade NMS. Its current framework uses RRDs to collect performance/node level data such as cpu load via snmp. all data is stored in these RRDs. I was wondering if anyone out there has had a chance or a need to move the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a database from one server to another

I hope I'm posting this in the correct section. I'm trying to move a database from one server to another. This is the code I'm using... tar czf - vbdatabase.sql | ssh username@full.domain.com 'cat > /home/cpanelusername/vbdatabase.tar.gz ... but all I'm getting is a ">" and then nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chimpie
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a column across a delimited data file

Hi, I am trying to move a column from one position to another position in a delimited file. The positions are dynamic in nature and are available by environmental variables. Also the file can have n number of columns. Example: Initial Column Position=1 Final Column Position=3 Delimiter='|' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayan153
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Moving Oracle database

how does one move Oracle database to new OS? Does Oracle need to be the same version as old one? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data file moving

Suppose there is a file “Text1.txt” which contains 100 lines. I need to move 1st 25 line into another file “Text2.txt” How we can do it? Suppose there is a file “Text1.txt” in which city: Bangalore is repeating N times. I need to replace Bangalore with Delhi. How we can do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh1412
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File

I'm scanning a list of emails- I need to pull 2 pieces of data, then move to the next file: Sender's Email Address Email Date I need these to be outputted into a single column- separated by a ",". Like this: Email1's Address, Email1's Date Stamp Email2's Address, Email2's Date Stamp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with moving list of data to 2nd column of HTML file

Hi Team, Can you help me with writing shell script to printing the list output to 2nd column in HTML file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veereshshenoy
2 Replies
CTL_CYRUSDB(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    CTL_CYRUSDB(8)

NAME
ctl_cyrusdb - perform operations common to all Cyrus databases SYNOPSIS
ctl_cyrusdb [ -C config-file ] -r [ -x ] ctl_cyrusdb [ -C config-file ] -c DESCRIPTION
Ctl_cyrusdb is used to perform various administrative operations on the Cyrus databases. Ctl_cyrusdb reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. The configdirectory option is used to determine the default location of the Cyrus databases. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -r Recover the databases after an application or system failure. Also performs database cleanup like removing mailbox reservations (and any associated mailbox files). All mailbox files are also checked to make sure the file format matches the configured database type in imapd.conf. If not, the file is automatically converted using the same logic as cvt_cyrusdb. -x Used with -r to recover the database only. (Prevents database cleanup). -c Checkpoint and archive the databases. Changes to the database which are part of committed transactions are written to disk. Also, a hot backup of the databases is made and inactive log files are removed. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
imapd.conf(5), cyrus-master(8) CMU
Project Cyrus CTL_CYRUSDB(8)