Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How To Remove files starting with - Post 56260 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 29th of September 2004 03:19:51 PM
Old 09-29-2004
You can also prefix a 'goofy' filename with the path
Code:
rm -f /home/usr/-file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove files starting with -

Hi, Can anyone suggest me how to remove the file whose name starts with "-". Say i have a file by name -out. I want to remove this. I tried escaping -, but didnt work. I work on AIX 5.3 machine. Thanks in advance. Suman (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove lines in text starting with . (period)

how can i remove lines from a text file starting with . (a period) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Movomito
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove field starting with * and #

Hi i have file with data: abc,*xyz,#abc 123,#123,1234 *123,#123,abc So i want to remove only fields starting with * and # and i want output as: abc,, 123,,1234 ,,abc Please suggest something Thanks Sumit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit207
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all words starting from a matching word in a line

Hi Guys, I have a file like this: wwwe 1 ioie ewew yyy uuu 88 erehrlk 4 ihoiwhe lkjhassad lkhsad yyy mmm 45 jhash lhasdhs lkhsdkjsn ouiyrshroi oihoihswodnw oiyhewe yyy ggg 77 I want to remove everything after "yyy" and including "yyy" from each line in the file. So I want:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove lines starting with

Hi I have an input file... /* ----------------- AGYDLY_Box ----------------- */ insert_job: AGYDLY_Box job_type: b owner: spdrdev permission: gx,wx date_conditions: 1 days_of_week: mo,tu,we,th,fr exclude_calendar: mtg_holidays start_times: "1:00" description: "Process Daily New pools... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line starting from space till end.

Hi, I have a code tag, from which i have the below snippet: intelrpt.GetCMB_FB type=ODBC> intelrpt.GetCMB_FB type=SYBASE> I want the output like: intelrpt.GetCMB_FB intelrpt.GetCMB_FB That is remove the lines starting from WHITESPACE till end. Please help. I am new to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove a variable starting with dot using sed command

Hi, I want to remove a variable starting with dot(.) in a file using sed command. aaa sss .abc s/^\.abc/d I tried this but it didnt worked. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate line starting with a pattern

HI, I have the below input file /* ----------------- cmdsDlyStartFWJ -----------------*/ UNIX_JOB CMDS065J RUN ANY CMDNAME sleep 5 AGENT CMDSHP USER proddata RUN MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI DELAYSUB 02:00 /* "Triggers daily file watcher jobs" */ ENVAR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript command to remove files starting with a certain string, and older than 3 days

Hi All, Need help in identifying a shellscript command to remove all files on a server directory, starting with a certain prefix and also older than 3 days. That means files created with that prefix, today or yesterday, shouldn't be removed. Thanks, Dev (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to remove lines starting with an ID from all fine in a director

Hi All, I have almost 200 files in a directory I want to remove all lines in each file that is starting with 88002 and 88003. I tried with grep -v and if I plan to do that I need to for all the files individually and it is 200+ files. Any way I can do at single command ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies
Mojolicious::Plugin::Mount(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Mojolicious::Plugin::Mount(3pm)

NAME
Mojolicious::Plugin::Mount - Application mount plugin SYNOPSIS
# Mojolicious my $route = $self->plugin(Mount => {'/prefix' => '/home/sri/myapp.pl'}); # Mojolicious::Lite my $route = plugin Mount => {'/prefix' => '/home/sri/myapp.pl'}; # Adjust the generated route my $example = plugin Mount => {'/example' => '/home/sri/example.pl'}; $example->to(message => 'It works great!'); # Mount application with host plugin Mount => {'mojolicio.us' => '/home/sri/myapp.pl'}; # Host and path plugin Mount => {'mojolicio.us/myapp' => '/home/sri/myapp.pl'}; # Or even hosts with wildcard subdomains plugin Mount => {'*.mojolicio.us/myapp' => '/home/sri/myapp.pl'}; DESCRIPTION
Mojolicious::Plugin::Mount is a plugin that allows you to mount whole Mojolicious applications. The code of this plugin is a good example for learning to build new plugins, you're welcome to fork it. METHODS
Mojolicious::Plugin::Mount inherits all methods from Mojolicious::Plugin and implements the following new ones. "register" my $route = $plugin->register($app, $conf); Mount Mojolicious application. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojolicious::Plugin::Mount(3pm)