Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help wanted
Top Forums Programming Help wanted Post 5626 by Neo on Saturday 18th of August 2001 09:57:16 PM
Old 08-18-2001
Perhaps you are missing some other include files?

Might help to read the pthread.h files and see what the lines are asking for or what #defines exist in the files.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

WANTED: Load Generator

Hi, someone knows about a Load Generator for web?, I´ve been searching the web and I found "Astra Test", but I doesn´t work. Thanks! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestions wanted ...

All, Have an AMD-K6/2 PC, 20G.Hd along with RH7.2. Wanting to know what I should do in terms of setup (workstation/server) and then what I can do with it? I'd like to learn a DBMS and SQL - can I do this using RedHat? Any suggestions with how I can use/ what I can do with this appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help wanted kernel avi

Hello there! Slightly off topic maybe, but maybe someone can help us. For a videoshow which will be called reality 6.1 we need a video file from a unix kernel that is compiling. Does anyone know how to capture this, or does anyone have such a vid? cheers, iuno (www.iuno.nl) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iuno
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help wanted to understand MQ script

hi , i am writing a script to copy the MQ messages from onw queue to another. The following i got from one site, but i di not understand , can anyone explain. /root/scripts/sap/q -m$Q_MANAGER -i$Q_NAME_SRC_1 -F/logs/mq/MQ_COPYdump_$Q_NAME_SRC_1.$$ /root/scripts/sap/q -m$Q_MANAGER... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
0 Replies

5. SCO

N1 sco unix R3.2 V4.2 WANTED!!

Hi guys!!! i have a sco unix 3.2 v4.2 floppy's but i don't have N1 boot disk!! how to find it??? :confused: thanks!! (sorry for my bad english!) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panos_pit
4 Replies

6. Programming

Minix help wanted

Hi to all, i am trying to make a kernel call that will display the number of times each kernel call was called. Any idea where to look? I can't find the right files and also how to get all those values. Already made a kernel call that displays how many kernel calls are in the system. I am using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariscy
6 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Just wanted to say thanks!!!

Greetings all!! Have only recently signed up to this forum and I must say I am thoroughly impressed! :D Everyone has been nothing but amazingly helpful and I haven't been made to feel like the newbie that I am. I will definately be becoming a daily user of this site not only for help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: U_C_Dispatj
1 Replies
WHATIS(5)							File Formats Manual							 WHATIS(5)

NAME
whatis - database of online manual pages SYNOPSIS
/usr/man/*/whatis /usr/man/whatis DESCRIPTION
The whatis file in each manual page directory is a database of titles for manual pages. This database is used by man(1) to map titles to manual pages names. The database is created by makewhatis(1) from the NAME sections of the manual pages. The NAME secions must be simple lines with no troff fluff but one backslash like these two: whatis - database of online manual pages cawf, nroff - C version of the nroff-like, Amazingly Workable (text) Formatter These lines are transformed by makewhatis to these two lines for the database: cawf, nroff (1) - C version of the nroff-like, Amazingly Workable (text) Formatter whatis (5) - database of online manual pages As you can see they are in section number order, so that man searches them in section order. Each entry is just a single line, restricting the NAME section to a single line too with just one dash, and commas and spaces before the dash as you see above. SEE ALSO
man(1), whatis(1), makewhatis(1), man(7). BUGS
It seems to be impossible for many manual page writers to keep the NAME section simple. They also like to use every font available in their documents. My simple scripts can't read their NAME sections, my simple me can't read their texts. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) WHATIS(5)