Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: to the unix forum team ...
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? to the unix forum team ... Post 56178 by moxxx68 on Tuesday 28th of September 2004 10:43:07 PM
Old 09-28-2004
Tools hate to admit it..

Smilie i thought I accomplished something when i taught myself evrything I know just through books and experimentation in just a year.. but when I look at the know how and knoweldge being bounced around on this forum by the moderators and some of the senior memebers I am completely at awe at how much I could really learn if i really put my mind to it.. don't get me wrong i think most of what I read is staggering but what really gets me is how in the he??. did ... get so good.
Smilie Smilie Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New! (In Unix & In the Forum)

Hi my name Louas and I´m from Argentina (so you must forgive me English!). I'm studing Unix and I want to know where and how can I conect to practice. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Louas. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Louas
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) for Unix source files

Hi, I am using Microsoft Team Foundation server as Configuration management tool for the .NET projects in our team. I would like to add my Unix source files to TFS. Please let me know how can i use TFS for version control of my Unix source files? Thanks for your help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshmelam
0 Replies

3. Programming

Need best forum site for java (as for unix its unix.com)

Hi All, Can anyone help me for knowing the java best side forums. where i will get a quick responce like here , as i am having lot of question. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums https://youtu.be/WGwgibE4Rq0 Also note: In the video I mentioned removing legacy menu items in the ModCP which are unused. I have already "CSS'ed out" the unused menu items: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
THINKFAN(1)							     thinkfan							       THINKFAN(1)

NAME
thinkfan - A simple fan control program SYNOPSIS
thinkfan [-hnqzD [-b BIAS] [-c CONFIG] [-s SECONDS] [-p [DELAY]]] DESCRIPTION
Thinkfan can use temperature inputs and one PWM control file in /sys/class/hwmon or the Thinkpad-specific thinkpad_acpi interface in /proc/acpi/ibm. If nothing is specified, it tries to use /proc/acpi/ibm. WARNING: This program does only very basic sanity checking on the configuration. That means that you can set your temperature limits as insane as you like. Thinkfan has two modes of operation: SIMPLE MODE In simple mode, it uses only the highest temperature found in the system. That may be dangerous, e.g. for hard disks. That's why you should provide a correction value (i.e. add 10-15 [u00B0]C) for the sensor that has the temperature of your hard disk (or battery...). See the example config files for details about that. COMPLEX MODE In complex mode, temperature limits are defined for each sensor thinkfan knows about. Setting suitable limits for each sensor in your sys- tem will probably require a bit of experimentation and good knowledge about your hardware, but it's the safest way of keeping each compo- nent within its specified temperature range. See http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Thermal_Sensors for details on which sensor measures what temperature in a Thinkpad. On other systems you'll have to find out on your own. See the example configs to learn about the syntax. CONFIGURATION
Some example configurations are provided with the source package. For detailed explanations please read the README file. If you installed thinkfan from a distribution package, you may find them under /usr/share/doc or wherever your package manager puts documentation. OPTIONS
-h Show a short help message -s Maximum seconds between temperature updates (default: 5) -b Floating point number (0 ~ 20) to control rising temperature exaggeration (see README for why this is needed). Default 5.0 -c Load different configuration file (default: /etc/thinkfan.conf) -n Do not become a daemon, log to both terminal and syslog -q Be quiet (no status info on terminal) -z Assume we don't have to worry about resuming from standby when using the sysfs interface (see README!) -p Use the pulsing-fan workaround (for older Thinkpads). Takes an optional floating-point argument (0-10s) as depulsing duration. Default 0.5s. -D DANGEROUS mode: Disable all sanity checks. May damage your hardware!! BUGS
If you have any problems with thinkfan, please go to the help forum at sf.net: http://sourceforge.net/projects/thinkfan/forums/forum/905019 thinkfan 0.8 October 2011 THINKFAN(1)