Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dual NIC problem
Operating Systems Solaris Dual NIC problem Post 55982 by RTM on Thursday 23rd of September 2004 10:08:07 AM
Old 09-23-2004
Is this a script or software shutting down the interface just because a ping doesn't get answered?

If so, fix the script - get different software - change the router to respond to pings.

Please explain your problem in more detail including what is shutting down the interface.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in dual boot

i want to know how do i make my system a dual boot system for Linux 7.1 and Windows Nt 4.0 :( :confused: :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad2life
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot problem,help!!!!

I had Win98 and Win Xp on a dual boot on my system, I formatted my C: drive to get rid of Win98 and installed Linux Madrake in its Place, it all installed ok but when I boot up I can no longer dual boot and it goes straight into Mandrake Linux. How can I get either a dual boot so I can get to XP... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Merv
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SuSE 8.1 NIC problem

i have just installed suse 8.1 on a third computer which has an Asus p4s8x with onboard NIC and sound. now, on install suse detected everything automatically with no probelm, however upon reboot the sound failed to load as well as the network card. /dev/eth* doesnt exist. i looked in the bios and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot problem

Hi All, I have a pc loaded with windows 2000 professional. Recently added new disk of size 80GB and installed redhat linux to second disk. Now system is booting to linux but not to windows 2000. How to configure for dual boot. Thanks in advance - Bache Gowda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nic problem

hello friends i am using x86 pc i can install solaris o/s but nic card is not deceting. i am not able see in file called /etc/path_to_inst. i did /touch reconfigu and devfsadm also. i used external nic card also realtech 8169d am using gigabyte mother board 775. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj123
0 Replies

6. AIX

Dual port NIC, cfgmgr

OS: AIX 6.1 The host has a dual port NIC installed and when I went to run `cfgmgr -v` to configure it I got an error showing device packages are missing from the install: `cfgmgr -v` on 10.15.xx.xxx cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
3 Replies

7. Solaris

IPMP. Is this a NIC problem!!?

-- IPMP Groups -- Node Name Group Status Adapter Status --------- ----- ------ ------- ------ IPMP Group: hostname1.xx-xxxx.xxxi sc_ipmp1 Online ce5 Online IPMP Group: hostname1.xx-xxxx.xxxi ipmpgrp01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
2 Replies

8. Solaris

NIC problem

can anyone help me fix this? what command should I use to bring them back to "TRUE"? Interface Speed Duplex Autoneg --------- ----- ------ ------- ce0 100 Mbit/s FULL FALSE ce5 100 Mbit/s FULL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Mulitple Zones on Dual NIC host

Greetings Forumers! I am running into an issue with multiple zones on an M5000 with 2 NICs. The NICs are on separate VLANs. These zones are using the 2 NICs to communicate with other systems but when they need to communicate with a zone on the same system, but different NIC, the application... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
9 Replies

10. AIX

LPAR NIC Problem

On all our lpars we have our main interface set up and a backup network interface. On a number of our lpars those connections go to a down state for no apparent reason. They are still attached but they show up as "*en1" in netstat. Has anyone else come across this issue or know why an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsewen
4 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)                                           File Formats Manual                                          NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)