Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need date in awk (Part II)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need date in awk (Part II) Post 55852 by cdunavent on Tuesday 21st of September 2004 07:26:37 AM
Old 09-21-2004
I do not have NAWK on my system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Date as part of file name

How can I add date in format yyyymmdd to my existing file name ? For example my file name is test.dat then i want it to be test.datyyyymmdd (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amsh76
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

How do I take out(remove) the date part in the file name?

Hi Guys here I am again, I have two files in a specified location. Location ex: /opt/xdm/input/ input file names: 1. abc_app.yyyymmdd.dtd 2. abd_app.yyyymmdd.dtd I need to build a code that reads the files from the location based on the oldest date and cuts the date part... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruthless
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a part of shell script only after particular date and time

I have created a simple shell script... say test.sh Contents of test.sh ================ service named restart cp /etc/imp.conf /backup/test/ #-- if date > 15 July 2007 11:23 pm , then only issue the commans below, else exit --- cp /etc/secondimp.conf /backup/test/ rm -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts, my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmro
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the date part from the log file.

Hi, I have a script that runs to generate a log file which is in this format: Start: Friday, April 29, 2011 18:30 User : Host : Database : I need to write a script that reads this log file (RUN.LOG) and rename the existing log file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok@119
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the date part of the file?

Hi Gurus, I have file name like: abcd.20131005.dat I need to remove mid part of data final name should be abcd.dat thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I take out(remove) the date part in the file name in a script?

Hi All, I need to create links between two directories. have multiple files in a specified location. Source Location ex: /opt/xdm/input/ Target Location ex: /opt/xdm input file names: 1. abc_app.aus.apac.yyyymmdd.dtd 2. abcd_app.aus.apac.yyyymmdd.dtd I need to build a code that reads... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kthri_82
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get year part from file created date?

Hi Gurus, I need to get year part of file created date. when using ls -l , it only show month, day and time. is there any option I can add to get year portition? Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Date part from the filename

Hi All, I have incoming source files abcmmyy.txt I need to extract the mmyy part from the filename and pass that to a variable . I really appreciate your quick response on this. Thanks raj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract date and time part from filename

Hi, I am facing one scenario in which I need to extract exact position of date and time from the name of the files. For example, Below is the record in which I need to extract position of YYYYMMDD,HHMISS and YYMMDD. Date and time variables can come more than once. I need to use these position... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
13 Replies
default_fs(4)							   File Formats 						     default_fs(4)

NAME
default_fs, fs - specify the default file system type for local or remote file systems DESCRIPTION
When file system administration commands have both specific and generic components (for example, fsck(1M)), the file system type must be specified. If it is not explicitly specified using the -F FSType command line option, the generic command looks in /etc/vfstab in order to determine the file system type, using the supplied raw or block device or mount point. If the file system type can not be determined by searching /etc/vfstab, the command will use the default file system type specified in either /etc/default/fs or /etc/dfs/dfstypes, depend- ing on whether the file system is local or remote. The default local file system type is specified in /etc/default/fs by a line of the form LOCAL=fstype (for example, LOCAL=ufs). The default remote file system type is determined by the first entry in the /etc/dfs/fstypes file. File system administration commands will determine whether the file system is local or remote by examining the specified device name. If the device name starts with ``/'' (slash), it is considered to be local; otherwise it is remote. The default file system types can be changed by editing the default files with a text editor. FILES
/etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system /etc/default/fs the default local file system type /etc/dfs/fstypes the default remote file system type SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), fstypes(4), vfstab(4) SunOS 5.10 20 Mar 1992 default_fs(4)