Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sed question Post 5582 by Optimus_P on Friday 17th of August 2001 09:22:58 AM
Old 08-17-2001
mmmm

heres just a lazy way to do it.

var1=`awk -F ":" '{ print $2 }'`
var2=&ltyour variable remember any quotes if needed&gt

if [[ var1 == var2 ]]; then
do some proccessing
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Question

Hi, Is there any way to traverse the file once and look for the following conditions in one sweep instead of going over the file 3 times with different search criteria...... sed -n '/^ORA-07445/ p' /tmp/t$$ > ${OERRFILE} sed -n '/^ORA-00600/ p' /tmp/t$$ >> ${OERRFILE} ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: YS2002
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question (again)

hello there, I have a sed question. I have a file (temp.srv), in it it has v1_host1 v2_host2 And I have another file (temp2.srv), in it is has v1_host3_date v1_host1 v2_host2 v2_host4_date v3_host5_date I had used a script to remove the name from temp2.srv base on the name inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahtat99
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

Hi, When deleting lines using sed, as i understand the lines are redirected to the standard output. What i'm unclear about is how to actually modify the file? If I write the command sed '1,2d' test it will display lines one and 2 onto the screen however the file is not modified? I think my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

Hi, :) can any body explain the following statement sed 's/\(\)- ]//g' cheers RRK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

I have a file that conatins following info Policy1=U|guestRoom=test1idCode=5(1):!:Amenity2=U|RoomId=testrma=4(1):!:| GuestRoomAmenity1=U|guestRoomId=testguest1id^rmaCode=5(1):!:| I need it to look like this Policy1=U|guestRoom=test1idCode Amenity2=U|RoomId=testrmaCode... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed question

How would I use sed to print everything on the line after the regular expresion? I have a configuration file setting several variables. cfg.dat DDB = cpptest SUDBNAME = sucpptestdb host = cpptest Example I want to search for the regular expresion 'SUDBNAME =' and print everything on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Question 1. (Don't quite know how to use sed! Thanks)

Write a sed script to extract the year, rank, and stock for the most recent 10 years available in the file top10_mktval.csv, and output in the following format: ------------------------------ YEAR |RANK| STOCK ------------------------------ 2007 | 1 | Exxon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beibeiatNY
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

hi i have a file with this line: variable=/export/home/oracle I want to change the file so that the path is replaced with the value of another variable var2=/tmp/anything. how to do this in sed? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed question

I need to replace the numbers with a new string. How can I give a wildcard for the different # of numbers sed '/abcdef/s/abcdef=*/abcdef=999999/'<foo>foo1 From: To: abcdef=1234 abcdef=999999 abcdef=12345 abcdef=999999 abcdef=123456... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: beppler
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED question

I am trying to write a script that will take an input text file in the format person: place: phonenumber; person: place: phonenumber; person: place: phonenumber; ... and output it using sed too: Name ######## Location ######### Phone Number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmack56
1 Replies
tis(3)							     Library Functions Manual							    tis(3)

NAME
tis, tis_intro - Introduction to Thread-Independent Services (tis) DESCRIPTION
Thread-independent services (tis) routines compose a Compaq-proprietary interface to the DECthreads multitasking library. The tis inter- face provides services that assist with the development of thread-safe libraries. Thread synchronization can involve significant run-time cost, which is undesirable in a nonthreaded environment. In the nonthreaded envi- ronment, the tis interface enables you to build thread-safe libraries that are efficient, yet provide the necessary synchronization when called from a threaded environment. When threads are not active within the process, tis routines execute only the minimum steps necessary: code running in a nonthreaded envi- ronment is not burdened by the run-time synchronization that is necessary when the same code is run in a threaded environment. When threads are active, tis routines provide the necessary thread-safe synchronization. The tis objects created using this interface are fully interchangeable with DECthreads Pthreads (POSIX 1003.1c) objects. So, a mutex can be created by using static initialization (or using tis_mutex_init(3)) and can be locked, the DECthreads core library (libpthread.so) sub- sequently activated, and the mutex unlocked. Keys created by tis_key_create(3) are valid when a threaded run-time environment is loaded. Note that errno is NOT used by the tis routines. To indicate errors, the tis routines return integer values indicating the type of error. In a nonthreaded environment, condition variables should not be used to guard operations (for example, with tis_cond_wait(3)). In a threaded environment, the guidelines for using the DECthreads Pthread routines also pertain to the use of the corresponding tis routine. The tis routines can be classified into the following associated groups: General routines Thread cancellation routines Thread-specific data key routines Mutex routines Condition variable routines Read-write lock routines General Routines Obtains a value representing a desired expiration time. Calls a one-time initialization routine that can be executed. Obtains the identi- fier of the calling thread. Thread Cancellation Routines Changes the calling thread's cancelability state. Creates a cancellation point in the calling thread. Thread-Specific Data Key Routines Obtains the data associated with the specified thread-specific data key. Generates a unique thread-specific data key. Deletes a thread- specific data key. Sets the value associated with the specified thread-specific key. Mutex Routines Locks the DECthreads global mutex. Destroys the specified tis mutex object. Initializes a tis mutex object. Locks the specified tis mutex if not already locked. Tries to lock the specified tis mutex. Unlocks the specified tis mutex. Unlocks the DECthreads global mutex. Condition Variable Routines Wakes all threads waiting on the specified condition variable. Destroys the specified condition variable object. Initializes a condition variable object. Wakes at least one thread that is waiting on the specified condition variable. Causes the calling thread to wait for the specified condition variable to be signaled or broadcast, such that it will awake after a specified period of time. Causes the calling thread to wait for the specified condition variable to be signaled or broadcast. Read-Write Lock Routines Acquires the specified read-write lock for read access. Attempts to acquire the specified read-write lock for read access; returns immedi- ately if already locked. Unlocks the specified read-write lock already acquired for read access. Destroys the specified read-write lock object. Initializes a read-write lock object. Acquires the specified read-write lock for write access. Attempts to acquire the specified read-write lock for write access; returns immediately if already locked. Unlocks the specified read-write lock already acquired for write access. delim off delim off tis(3)