Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers subfolders help please important Post 55778 by svennie on Sunday 19th of September 2004 05:05:42 PM
Old 09-19-2004
Hammer & Screwdriver also tried...

yes, in fact I also thought that this should be right...but it's not working with "ls -R *.exe" also not "ls *.exe -R" ...what the hell Smilie

try on ;-) pleaz..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR (Extract with subfolders)

Hi! I've uploaded a .tar file (created with Windows) containing my homepage to my webserver. Now I'd like to extract the file on the server. I can do that with SSH. BUT:: If i enter this command: tar -xf homepage.tar only the files in the root directory of the file get extracted.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roberthawke
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename files in subfolders

Hello i have this script : foreach f ($1/*.cpp ) mv $f $f:r.c end that renames me files in dir , how can i change it so it will rename me also in subdirectorys? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create folders/subfolders using shellscript

Hi, Can any one help me how to create folders using shellscript.My requirement is: FolderName: Main/Main1 :Main/Main2 :Main/Main3 underSubFolder : Main1/A :Main1/B :Main1/C underSubfolder: A/A1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Last Modified Date for subfolders

Sorry for the basic question, but I have a feeling that my developers are circumventing our change control process, and I want to be able to easily keep track of the last modified date of sub-folders of the production folder. Basically, we have this major folder PROD, and then each application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saint01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in folder and subfolders

How can this be done? I mean, I want to search for all *png *jpg *bmp files in my ~/Pictures/ folder....How can I list them? Thank you geeks :) :b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to search the subfolders

Hi everybody, I am trying to grep abcds in one folder and in all its subfolders! but it does not work! would you help please? thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in checking for files in subfolders

Hi, I am trying to print a listing of files from the top level directory, check to see if any files have the same name as the top level directory name and if so, cd to that file and list the files under it. Don't know how to check for the file in the next level. What I have so far: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tes218
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of subfolders

Hello people i need your help, am still new at unix, How do you find the number of subfolders in a certain or current directory?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: donc123
4 Replies

9. AIX

Help with listing only subfolders

Hi All, I have a AIX file system with a folder structure like this /1 /1/2 /1/2/3/5 /1/2/3/2 /2 /2/3/4 /2/5/6 I would like to list subdirectories /1/2/3/5 /1/2/3/2 /2/3/4 /2/5/6 Can you please help me with this issue. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavinmjr
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find for files within a list of subfolders

Helo Is there a better way to search within a list of subfolders : A_START_PATH="/data_1/data_2" # # dir2, dir3, dir6, ..... dir59 exists # A_LIST="$A_START_PATH/dir1 $A_START_PATH/dir4 $A_START_PATH/dir5" find "$A_LIST" -type f -name"*.txt" Now searching for all files in any subdirs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
File::DosGlob(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					File::DosGlob(3pm)

NAME
File::DosGlob - DOS like globbing and then some SYNOPSIS
require 5.004; # override CORE::glob in current package use File::DosGlob 'glob'; # override CORE::glob in ALL packages (use with extreme caution!) use File::DosGlob 'GLOBAL_glob'; @perlfiles = glob "..\pe?l/*.p?"; print <..\pe?l/*.p?>; # from the command line (overrides only in main::) > perl -MFile::DosGlob=glob -e "print <../pe*/*p?>" DESCRIPTION
A module that implements DOS-like globbing with a few enhancements. It is largely compatible with perlglob.exe (the M$ setargv.obj version) in all but one respect--it understands wildcards in directory components. For example, "<..\l*b\file/*glob.p?>" will work as expected (in that it will find something like '..libFile/DosGlob.pm' alright). Note that all path components are case-insensitive, and that backslashes and forward slashes are both accepted, and preserved. You may have to double the backslashes if you are putting them in literally, due to double-quotish parsing of the pattern by perl. Spaces in the argument delimit distinct patterns, so "glob('*.exe *.dll')" globs all filenames that end in ".exe" or ".dll". If you want to put in literal spaces in the glob pattern, you can escape them with either double quotes, or backslashes. e.g. "glob('c:/"Program Files"/*/*.dll')", or "glob('c:/Program Files/*/*.dll')". The argument is tokenized using "Text::ParseWords::parse_line()", so see Text::ParseWords for details of the quoting rules used. Extending it to csh patterns is left as an exercise to the reader. EXPORTS (by request only) glob() BUGS
Should probably be built into the core, and needs to stop pandering to DOS habits. Needs a dose of optimizium too. AUTHOR
Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@activestate.com> HISTORY
o Support for globally overriding glob() (GSAR 3-JUN-98) o Scalar context, independent iterator context fixes (GSAR 15-SEP-97) o A few dir-vs-file optimizations result in glob importation being 10 times faster than using perlglob.exe, and using perlglob.bat is only twice as slow as perlglob.exe (GSAR 28-MAY-97) o Several cleanups prompted by lack of compatible perlglob.exe under Borland (GSAR 27-MAY-97) o Initial version (GSAR 20-FEB-97) SEE ALSO
perl perlglob.bat Text::ParseWords perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 File::DosGlob(3pm)