Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers subfolders help please important Post 55767 by zazzybob on Sunday 19th of September 2004 04:15:45 PM
Old 09-19-2004
In response to your first question, an "ls -R *.exe" should yield the required files

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR (Extract with subfolders)

Hi! I've uploaded a .tar file (created with Windows) containing my homepage to my webserver. Now I'd like to extract the file on the server. I can do that with SSH. BUT:: If i enter this command: tar -xf homepage.tar only the files in the root directory of the file get extracted.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roberthawke
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename files in subfolders

Hello i have this script : foreach f ($1/*.cpp ) mv $f $f:r.c end that renames me files in dir , how can i change it so it will rename me also in subdirectorys? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create folders/subfolders using shellscript

Hi, Can any one help me how to create folders using shellscript.My requirement is: FolderName: Main/Main1 :Main/Main2 :Main/Main3 underSubFolder : Main1/A :Main1/B :Main1/C underSubfolder: A/A1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Last Modified Date for subfolders

Sorry for the basic question, but I have a feeling that my developers are circumventing our change control process, and I want to be able to easily keep track of the last modified date of sub-folders of the production folder. Basically, we have this major folder PROD, and then each application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saint01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in folder and subfolders

How can this be done? I mean, I want to search for all *png *jpg *bmp files in my ~/Pictures/ folder....How can I list them? Thank you geeks :) :b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to search the subfolders

Hi everybody, I am trying to grep abcds in one folder and in all its subfolders! but it does not work! would you help please? thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in checking for files in subfolders

Hi, I am trying to print a listing of files from the top level directory, check to see if any files have the same name as the top level directory name and if so, cd to that file and list the files under it. Don't know how to check for the file in the next level. What I have so far: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tes218
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of subfolders

Hello people i need your help, am still new at unix, How do you find the number of subfolders in a certain or current directory?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: donc123
4 Replies

9. AIX

Help with listing only subfolders

Hi All, I have a AIX file system with a folder structure like this /1 /1/2 /1/2/3/5 /1/2/3/2 /2 /2/3/4 /2/5/6 I would like to list subdirectories /1/2/3/5 /1/2/3/2 /2/3/4 /2/5/6 Can you please help me with this issue. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavinmjr
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find for files within a list of subfolders

Helo Is there a better way to search within a list of subfolders : A_START_PATH="/data_1/data_2" # # dir2, dir3, dir6, ..... dir59 exists # A_LIST="$A_START_PATH/dir1 $A_START_PATH/dir4 $A_START_PATH/dir5" find "$A_LIST" -type f -name"*.txt" Now searching for all files in any subdirs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)