Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need date in awk (Part II)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need date in awk (Part II) Post 55765 by solea on Sunday 19th of September 2004 03:58:47 PM
Old 09-19-2004
The RTM idea was :
Do you have NAWK on your system?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Date as part of file name

How can I add date in format yyyymmdd to my existing file name ? For example my file name is test.dat then i want it to be test.datyyyymmdd (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amsh76
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

How do I take out(remove) the date part in the file name?

Hi Guys here I am again, I have two files in a specified location. Location ex: /opt/xdm/input/ input file names: 1. abc_app.yyyymmdd.dtd 2. abd_app.yyyymmdd.dtd I need to build a code that reads the files from the location based on the oldest date and cuts the date part... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruthless
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a part of shell script only after particular date and time

I have created a simple shell script... say test.sh Contents of test.sh ================ service named restart cp /etc/imp.conf /backup/test/ #-- if date > 15 July 2007 11:23 pm , then only issue the commans below, else exit --- cp /etc/secondimp.conf /backup/test/ rm -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts, my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmro
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the date part from the log file.

Hi, I have a script that runs to generate a log file which is in this format: Start: Friday, April 29, 2011 18:30 User : Host : Database : I need to write a script that reads this log file (RUN.LOG) and rename the existing log file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok@119
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the date part of the file?

Hi Gurus, I have file name like: abcd.20131005.dat I need to remove mid part of data final name should be abcd.dat thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I take out(remove) the date part in the file name in a script?

Hi All, I need to create links between two directories. have multiple files in a specified location. Source Location ex: /opt/xdm/input/ Target Location ex: /opt/xdm input file names: 1. abc_app.aus.apac.yyyymmdd.dtd 2. abcd_app.aus.apac.yyyymmdd.dtd I need to build a code that reads... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kthri_82
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get year part from file created date?

Hi Gurus, I need to get year part of file created date. when using ls -l , it only show month, day and time. is there any option I can add to get year portition? Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Date part from the filename

Hi All, I have incoming source files abcmmyy.txt I need to extract the mmyy part from the filename and pass that to a variable . I really appreciate your quick response on this. Thanks raj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract date and time part from filename

Hi, I am facing one scenario in which I need to extract exact position of date and time from the name of the files. For example, Below is the record in which I need to extract position of YYYYMMDD,HHMISS and YYMMDD. Date and time variables can come more than once. I need to use these position... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
13 Replies
MKFS.BFS(8)						       System Administration						       MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [options] device [block-count] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs filesystem on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The block-count parameter is the desired size of the filesystem, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N, --inodes number Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified, some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V, --vname label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F, --fname name Specify the filesystem name. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v, --verbose Explain what is being done. -c This option is silently ignored. -l This option is silently ignored. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. Option -V only works as --version when it is the only option. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8) AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2011 MKFS.BFS(8)