Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers command to view ports being used Post 55733 by Perderabo on Friday 17th of September 2004 03:56:30 PM
Old 09-17-2004
And "lsof -i" should work too.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view page command?

Hi All, When I run a command on any shell, many times the output is longer than the screen can hold, so I only can see parts of the output. Is there a command that will show me page by page the results of each command? Thanks, Jared (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaredsNew
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to set ports

Hi to everyone here, I have wrote a script to install and set up parental controls with dansguardian and tinyproxy,(fedora) it works quite well except that i have to manually set http proxy to 127.0.0.1 and port 8080 in firefox, is there a way to do this by command line/script? Id appeciate any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

View command was typed

Hello All, I Am A New Member To This Group. Could you show me how to view all command was typed the same Redhat. Every I type arrow up and down to show the command was type but nothing to see. I must type it again. it is very slow. Thanks hoavn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoavn
4 Replies

4. Solaris

command to view the haware detail

I use command #lscfg -v in AIX system and it gives the detail of the hardware of the system. what is the similar command to view the detail of the hardware of the system in SUN-Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view folder subfolder and its capacity

Can any one tell how to view folder and subfolder with its capacity df -k will cannot be used it shows only the parent folder while du -k will show all subfolder and files but not show the capacity and also i dont want view any files Thank you!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can you help me in providing me a command to view all files present in a directory. Thanks a lot. -Vamsi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can u provide me the command to view files in a directory.Urgent Pls. -Vamsi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I view an 'at' command?

Hi, One of our users has loads of jobs scheduled. When I do at -l I get a long list of tasks which end in .a Is there anyway I can view what these commands will do? Also, What's the relationship between the 'at' function and the crontab? I can't see any entries in crontab....Cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to view command in history for specific date

hi i want to find a command in history for specific date . is it possible that i can view ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies

10. SCO

Command to View Processor Usage

Hi everyone, i used to know the command to show current CPU usage but i cannot remember it. It was not "Top". Openserver 6. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulbas
4 Replies
SOCKSTAT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       SOCKSTAT(1)

NAME
sockstat -- list open sockets SYNOPSIS
sockstat [-46cLlu] [-j jid] [-p ports] [-P protocols] DESCRIPTION
The sockstat command lists open Internet or UNIX domain sockets. The following options are available: -4 Show AF_INET (IPv4) sockets. -6 Show AF_INET6 (IPv6) sockets. -c Show connected sockets. -j jid Show only sockets belonging to the specified jail ID. -L Only show Internet sockets if the local or foreign addresses are not in the loopback network prefix 127.0.0.0/8, or do not con- tain the IPv6 loopback address ::1. -l Show listening sockets. -p ports Only show Internet sockets if either the local or foreign port number is on the specified list. The ports argument is a comma- separated list of port numbers and ranges specified as first and last port separated by a dash. -P protocols Only show sockets of the specified protocols. The protocols argument is a comma-separated list of protocol names, as they are defined in protocols(5). -u Show AF_LOCAL (UNIX) sockets. If neither -4, -6 or -u is specified, sockstat will list sockets in all three domains. If neither -c or -l is specified, sockstat will list both listening and connected sockets. The information listed for each socket is: USER The user who owns the socket. COMMAND The command which holds the socket. PID The process ID of the command which holds the socket. FD The file descriptor number of the socket. PROTO The transport protocol associated with the socket for Internet sockets, or the type of socket (stream or datagram) for UNIX sockets. LOCAL ADDRESS For Internet sockets, this is the address the local end of the socket is bound to (see getsockname(2)). For bound UNIX sockets, it is the socket's filename. For other UNIX sockets, it is a right arrow followed by the endpoint's filename, or ``??'' if the endpoint could not be determined. FOREIGN ADDRESS (Internet sockets only) The address the foreign end of the socket is bound to (see getpeername(2)). If a socket is associated with more than one file descriptor, it is shown multiple times. If a socket is not associated with any file descriptor, the first four columns have no meaning. SEE ALSO
fstat(1), netstat(1), procstat(1), inet(4), inet6(4), protocols(5) HISTORY
The sockstat command appeared in FreeBSD 3.1. AUTHORS
The sockstat command and this manual page were written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 16, 2012 BSD