Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: apm...??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers apm...?? Post 55725 by moxxx68 on Friday 17th of September 2004 01:57:11 PM
Old 09-17-2004
Data reply to Zazzybob

to Zazzybob..
i tried /sbin/modprobe and I get these answers from the system I am pretty sure that apm is not included in the kernel somehow and that the acpi is a little misconfigured. but I have found the right literature on google which should help...
this is what I get when I try both..
thanx moxxx68..

sh-2.05b$ /sbin/modprobe apm
FATAL: Module apm not found.
[root@localhost root]# /sbin/modprobe acpi
FATAL: Error inserting acpi (/lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi.ko): No such device
Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Warning: cannot connect to APM

After installation of SCO Openserver 5.0.7 following warning messegae show at the time of Loading Kernel hd(40) unix.bss warring: cannot connect to APM, error 0x0008 system loaded press <return> to start can any one please help me to solve this issue thanks and best regards hafeez (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hafizurr
0 Replies

2. BSD

NetBSD 6.1.2: apm and admd not found

I installed NetBSD 6.1.2 amd64 and can't find the apm utility. Is it not in the base system? Is it necessary to recompile the default amd64 kernel to use apm? Or is there a new method for power management and suspend/resume? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdx
2 Replies
APM(1)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    APM(1)

NAME
apm - query Advanced Power Management (APM) BIOS SYNOPSIS
apm [ -vVmsS ] DESCRIPTION
apm reads /proc/apm and presents the output in a human-readable format. Since primarily battery status information is provided, this com- mand is most useful on laptops with a compliant APM BIOS. apm also allows the machine to be put into standby or suspend mode. OPTIONS
-V, --version Print the apm program version and exit immediately. -v, --verbose Print information about the APM BIOS version and Linux APM driver version. -m, --minutes Print total minutes remaining instead of using an hh:mm format. -s, --suspend Put the machine into suspend mode if possible. -S, --standby Put the machine into standby mode if possible. -i, --ignore Tell the system to ignore system-generated APM suspend and standby events when on AC power. This may be useful to users who have laptops and want APM events when on battery power, but not when on AC power. -n, --noignore Tell the system not to ignore system-generated APM suspend and standby events when on AC power. This is the default mode; this option is provided as a way to undo a prior "apm -i" call. BUGS This program requires a post-1.3.57 kernel. This program will not work with older kernels or with the APM patches, since the format for /proc/apm has changed radically. FILES
/proc/apm linux/drivers/char/apm_bios.c AUTHOR
This program was written by Rik Faith (faith@cs.unc.edu) and may be freely distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY for this program. The current maintainer is Avery Pennarun (apenwarr@worldvisions.ca). SEE ALSO
xapm(1), apmd(8) 10 Jan 1996 APM(1)